Transponder 25 at 61.5°/Sky Angel Tp Dead!

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
As of 4 am on Sunday I noticed that transponder 25 at E*3 at 61.5 is dead! This is one of two transponders that carries Sky Angel programming. As of this moment the following channels are out:

9701 Angel One
9705 TV U
9707 Guardian TV
9708 Faith TV
9709 Superchannel TBN
9711 Safe TV
9716 Liberty Broadcasting Network
9717 Catholic Familyland (the reason I found out about this...tuned in to see the Inoguration Mass of the Pope and found "no signal")
9725 Fé TV
9730 Gospel Music TV
9732 Worship TV

Radio channels:
9754 WAY FM
9760 American Family Radio
9762 Calvary Satellite Radio
9764 Living Way Radio
9765 Moody Broadcasting
9770 Solid Gospel Radio
9772 Voice of Hope (Jerusalem)
9773 KDAZ-AM Albuquerque (Z73)

I have no news on this. It could be a scheduled outage, but I doubt it.

See ya
Tony

Sorry folks, false alarm. I lost all odd transponders at 61.5. Since all the other channels I checked were on even transponders I jumped to an incorrect conclusion!

See ya
Tony

back on?

TNGTony said:
Sorry folks, false alarm. I lost all odd transponders at 61.5. Since all the other channels I checked were on even transponders I jumped to an incorrect conclusion!

See ya
Tony

Are your channels back on now? As far as I know there was no scheduled outage. I dont think I lost anything.

Looks like I'm having my annual SW64 issues. I have no odd transponders at 61.5 now on any of my receivers. I have to go up on the roof and check it out when the stars are properly alligned. (daylight, good weather, and I am not working!--looking at the weather report it may be a few weeks.)

See ya
Tony

software

TNGTony said:
Looks like I'm having my annual SW64 issues. I have no odd transponders at 61.5 now on any of my receivers. I have to go up on the roof and check it out when the stars are properly alligned. (daylight, good weather, and I am not working!--looking at the weather report it may be a few weeks.)

See ya
Tony

Is the software version on your receiver up-to-date?

Problem

If you want to determine exactly which of those two issues that it may be, you can try going up and unplugging your SW64, and run just one line in directly to the dish, which of course will only allow one receiver to be hooked up. go back to that receiver and see if it works. If so, your LNBF is fine and it's the switch, if not, then it's your LNBF.

Just an idea.

TNGTony said:
Yes. It's my SW64 or LNB. All three of my receivers are having the same problem. No odd TPs at 61.5°.

I would replace that with a DishPro if you can. I had all kinds of trouble until I did that a couple of years ago, and things have been flawless since then. :)

Brad

I have a 1000 receiver and a Dishplayer 7200. A Dishpro is not an option at this time. Though since I am one of the "lucky" few who have a dishplayer that doesn't play nice with the new yellow card, I will be getting a replacement. If the replacement is a 501, then I might just spring for a 301 to go "Dish Pro". But the conversion is not a simple matter. We are talking 3 Dish Pro LNBs and an SW34 on top of a new receiver. This is in contrast to just calling Dish and having them send me a new SW64 for "free" since it's covered under warranty.

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)