Transponder B & C Failed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thestaton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
We had DTV installed today and I cant say I'm all that impressed. On our HD receiver I am getting transponder b & c failed at startup. I mentioned this to the tech and he just said nah, and continued setup. When I check the signal strength on sat's b & c they are showing 98 - 100.

On our 2 other recievers we had installed that are not HD they are showing b & c working just fine.

However on the HD reciever I can not pick up any HD programming and the guide has appered to even drop the HD channels.

Is this a common problem with his install and something I can easily fix?

DTV contacted the installer and he was supposed to contact us today however no word yet!

thanks for the help!

problem fixed directv had to send out a new hd receiver!

recieved new reciever in this morning and problem is not fixed. we are going for now a 3rd new reciever... if this does not fix it they are going to have to send out a tech :(

way to go DTV!

3rd receiver...I would suspect the problem is more likely with your installation than it is with your receivers at this point. Call D* and voice your displeasure; request a service call with another tech if you have time.

Well after 3 recievers the problems has been fixed. The problem was when the installer put up the 3LNB he also installed a 4x4 switch. He said the switch from the LNB & the switch where causing the error for sats 110 & 119. He unhooked the switch & put up a 4x4 double female system and we are good to go now!

Just waiting on the locals in HD now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)