Transponder B & C Failed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thestaton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
We had DTV installed today and I cant say I'm all that impressed. On our HD receiver I am getting transponder b & c failed at startup. I mentioned this to the tech and he just said nah, and continued setup. When I check the signal strength on sat's b & c they are showing 98 - 100.

On our 2 other recievers we had installed that are not HD they are showing b & c working just fine.

However on the HD reciever I can not pick up any HD programming and the guide has appered to even drop the HD channels.

Is this a common problem with his install and something I can easily fix?

DTV contacted the installer and he was supposed to contact us today however no word yet!

thanks for the help!

problem fixed directv had to send out a new hd receiver!

recieved new reciever in this morning and problem is not fixed. we are going for now a 3rd new reciever... if this does not fix it they are going to have to send out a tech :(

way to go DTV!

3rd receiver...I would suspect the problem is more likely with your installation than it is with your receivers at this point. Call D* and voice your displeasure; request a service call with another tech if you have time.

Well after 3 recievers the problems has been fixed. The problem was when the installer put up the 3LNB he also installed a 4x4 switch. He said the switch from the LNB & the switch where causing the error for sats 110 & 119. He unhooked the switch & put up a 4x4 double female system and we are good to go now!

Just waiting on the locals in HD now!

Status
Please reply by conversation.