Transponder troubles.

aquaman67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
Tennessee
I have a 1000.2 dish with a 722k.

How can I have 78 signal strength on sat 119 transponder 21 and a 10 signal strength on transponder 8? It's not a spot beam either, it's channel 116.

I thought that transponder 21 was used to peak the dish, so it seems like it's good.

Do I need a re-alignment?

Bad LNB? (Are the other even transponders working?) Bad cable?

Everything else seems to work, just transponder 8 on 119.

It's a new system so the LNB and cable are new. Not saying it can't happen.

I'll check it better when I get home from work.

Is it possible for bad LNBs or cables to effect just one transponder?

It's possible for bad cables to cause a filter effect at certain frequencies, I've seen it happen at CATV frequencies. I don't know whether it would affect satellite frequencies the same way or not. As for LNBs, usually one polarity will go out but not the other one. I'm not sure if they could just lose one transponder.

Ok,

It's all even transponders on 119. All even transponderson on sat 119 are low.

Some are in the 30's others are 10 - 12 range.

What's up with this? Cable? LNB?

110 looks good, all transponders are in the 70 or 80's.

Proabably LNB, if not cabling. On a new install, I would guess moisture in the fittings, or a bad terminator. Of course. the new style LNB's could have some defects as well. Good news is, it's probably still under warranty!

Do you have any wall plates?

If so check to make sure they have blue centers not white.

The white centered ones are not high frequency certified and may attenuate the high frequency channels.

I've seen this before. Since you have low levels on just even transponders, it is most likely a bad cable. It's good if you just had it installed since it won't cost you anything to get it working correctly. Cables can be bad out of the box, and there really isn't any way to know if everything is working correctly when you got installed.

That's funny. (not ha ha funny)

Called Dish.

The guy who came out says it's the LNB.

Of course he didn't have a new one with him so we'll see when he comes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)