Transponders and Frequencies

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hdflsts2002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2008
Ok relatively new this but trying my best to get educated. Going to be doing a fair number of setups for RVing. Did our first a few weeks ago and while I got it tuned to all three birds in EA it too quite a while using just your basic $20 meter and running a 17" TV set up off the receiver outside during setup.

Decided to buy a decent meter ended up going with the FirstStrike. Now they provide an updated list monthly so long as you register your meter after purchase. For my home setup 110/118.7/119/129 most of the transponders they provide seem to be dead. They only provide a couple on each SAT. Sure they did have at least one for each that was working, but it would be really nice if I had a list of known working TP frequencies rather than trying to find a dead one first then switching to the next in their list and then the next.

We'll be setting up the RV again in a couple of weeks and I was hoping one of the knowledgeable people here might be able to provide me with working TP freq. for the EA sats maybe even the WA as well as I have considered picking up a second LNBF so that if the next campsite has limited LOS to EA I could switch to WA and maybe have a shot on those.

Thanks in advance to all, for any and all help.

Fire Strike FS1 ????????????? Never heard of it, searching forums brought up no information, Google search brought up information that looked more like a scam than a real product. It takes patience to setup a 1000.4 and the more you do it the easier it will become maybe that $20 investment is still a good deal.

Boba, FirstStrike not Fire Strike. FS-1 Model L. I'm sure that working with the Analog perfect vision and repeated setups I could get good at it, but as my wife would be quick to tell you, very quick, I can be a bit of a perfectionist at times. Ok she'd probably say all the time. So I bought what seems to be a pretty decent meter, shows Signal Quality, S/N BER so this should allow me to tune as good as possible with out spending a fortune on a Birdog or other more expensive meter. They provide Sat lists and TP freq. but Not many TPs for Dish and several of the ones they provided for 110/118.7/119/129 whis what I have setup at my house are either wrong or are not in use. They actually list nothing for 72.7 but do show Nimiq5 at 72.5 but I have a feeling those may be for DTV which would do me no good. What I am hoping to find here is a list of the TP Freq for the Dish Birds in the air preferably both EA and WA so that if I had to based on LOS at a location I would be good to go either way. Don't even necessarily need all but a few known good ones on each sat would do the trick.

Thanks again to all for any and all help.

Thanks, Teehar, I think that using a combination of these two lists might just give me what I'm looking for.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say I got it figured out, but rather I am no longer in a totally dark room. =))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts