Transponders N/A???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

velore

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
I,m pretty new to Direct TV and i am not sure if this is bad or not. On 101, all my transponders show up with good signal except one of them being 0 (the overall signal strength shows 96).
However, on 110, only like 3 transponder show up (i did notice all 3 were even numbered transponders) the rest show n/a, the signal strength is 97. this also happens on 119, with a signal strength of 100 (however on 119 there are some odd and even transponders with a signal showing up).

The DBS satellites have 32 transponders but on 110 & 119 they are split between Dish Network and DirecTV

DirecTV only owns 3 transponders on 110 (28, 30, 32). Dish Network has the rest
On 119 they own 22-32 (Dish owns 1-21)
On 101 they own all 32 but a couple are spotbeams so you may see a zero. That is normal

Oh yeah, TPs 28, 30, and 32 on 110 get downconverted to 8, 10, and 12 as shown on your receiver.

And specifically, the 101 spot beams are 4, 12, 18, 20, 26 and 28. For 119 they are 23, 25, 28 and 31.

jdspenser

But do they show up in the menu as 110 TP28, 30, 32 if you do the check signal screen?
(I havent had DirecTV since they bought Primestar..we were in a Pegasuck area so I dont know) :(

Yup, they show up as 8, 10, and 12 on my HR10 and the series 1 T60.
They downconverted them so they could be combined with the 119 TPs, since DirecTV doesn't use 8, 10, and 12 from that sat. But, the receiver knows this and diplays them as coming from separate sats. This way they can have five LNB polarity combinations work with only four outputs. Really sneaky if you ask me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts