Travel Channel Moving to 196

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MattG@DISH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Didn't see a thread on this, so I thought I would let everyone know that The Travel Channel (currently on channel 215) will be moving to channel 196 effective 11/2/11.

Right now the channel is simulcast, but on 11/2, the simulcast will cease, and a slate will be placed on 215 informing that the channel has moved. The packages that this channel is included in will not change.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Only simulcast in SD.......

Ya, just noticed that :eek:

The HD channel will be moving as well (soon ;))

Thanks Matt! We appreciate the DIRT and all you guys do.
Only on satellite forums can someone say that they like dirt, and everyone is okay with it.
biggrin.gif

We appreciate the support from everyone. It truly has been amazing being here :D

The HD channel already is remapped per the uplink report yesterday

Channel Mapdown Changes:
4215 - TRV Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
4215 - TRV Nimiq5 72.7W TP 11 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
4474 - TRV EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
4963 - TRV EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
5068 - TRV EchoStar14 119W TP 01 Spotbeam B22 mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
5366 - TRV Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
5366 - TRV Nimiq5 72.7W TP 11 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
5535 - TRV Ciel-2 129W TP 12 Spotbeam 1 mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
5535 - TRV Ciel-2 129W TP 06 Spotbeam 55 mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A) (H)
9437 - TRV Ciel-2 129W TP 28 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A)
9437 - TRV Nimiq5 72.7W TP 11 ConUS beam mapdown changed from 215 to 196 (Travel Channel) (A)

Ya, what I meant was, only the SD is still at 215, being simulcast. Since many only had the HD in their guide (like me) it completely disappeared for us. There was no message like there usually is.

The HD channel already is remapped per the uplink report yesterday

The remap is NOT showing up on my 622 / Eastern Arc. 196 only shows in SD, and 215 is no longer showing in HD either. Is this just a glitch on my receiver, or is there something else going on? In either case, can it please be fixed ASAP so I don't have to move my timers twice? (I'm not really happy about having to move them at all -- I realize that Dish's channel numbering is a shambles, but it's been a shambles for a long time, and I for one never even memorized most of the numbers anyway since it's easier to browse the guide than surf channels with the channel-switching delay inherent on an encrypted digital system.)

While I don't watch travel channel, I don't get why it's being moved. At 1st I thought it was because they wanted to group all the Discovery channels together, but then I remembered Discovery doesn't own the Travel channel anymore, it's Scripps, so to me, it seems a little pointless.

I have it showing up on 196 now, and I just moved all my timers.

While I don't watch travel channel, I don't get why it's being moved. At 1st I thought it was because they wanted to group all the Discovery channels together, but then I remembered Discovery doesn't own the Travel channel anymore, it's Scripps, so to me, it seems a little pointless.

possibly to launch that weather channel thingy....weather is on 214 now 215 is blank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts