Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hey Folks,
Several months ago I asked if it were possible to use a DTV Hd receiver with a single LNB to get standard tv. The answer was yes. I borrowed an old 18" single LNB Dishnet dish and went out with the trailer . It worked great. My next question is can I use the Dishnet D/P twin LNB that I have lying in the garage with the DTV receiver?
Joe

moved to DirecTV area

to answer the question...no. DishPro is for a Dish Network setup only (well that and ExpressVu but they use Dish equipment). DirecTV uses different setups for LNB's...if it isnt the slimline and the triple (Phase III) they use legacy LNB's and a 22k switch to switch between 101 & 110/119

Hey Folks,
Several months ago I asked if it were possible to use a DTV Hd receiver with a single LNB to get standard tv. The answer was yes. I borrowed an old 18" single LNB Dishnet dish and went out with the trailer . It worked great. My next question is can I use the Dishnet D/P twin LNB that I have lying in the garage with the DTV receiver?
Joe

You can use the dish 500 but not the DP Twin. If you wanted to replace the Twin with a Legacy single or dual on one side of the 500 you could make it work. Directv sells a Disaster Recovery Kit that includes a dish and tripod.

Thanks Ice!
I wasn't sure where to post this, Sorry you had move it. I live in the FTA forum.
I'll go the 2 legacy singles and 22khz switch route....
I have all but 1 LNB in my junk box.
Joe

Thanks Ice!
I wasn't sure where to post this, Sorry you had move it. I live in the FTA forum.
I'll go the 2 legacy singles and 22khz switch route....
I have all but 1 LNB in my junk box.
Joe
You only need 1 LNB and no switch with a dish 500. The dish 500 is designed to see two satellite locations 9 degrees apart. If you look at 101 where most of D* broadcasting is there isn't a satellite at 110 that you can see. 119 and 110 are combined with a Sat"C" kit but you would need to see the third satellie location at 119 and the dish 500 only sees 2 locations.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)