Traxis 2500 DVB FTA receiver/System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
I just received the Traxis 2500 system. I set it up to pre-program it for a customer. Keep in mind, this is a VERY inexpensive system, a good starter system, but obviously not top of the line. Note that it includes a 30 inch Hot dish and standard Ku LNB.
I found the colorful shimmering graphics a bit distracting, but got used to it and soon had it programmed. The picture quality was very good, if not identical to the Satworks and BEC I also currently have hooked up. Although this system does not have the blind search feature, it will do an automatic search for newly added transponders. It works for C and Ku band. The remote is cheap and nasty but adequate and functions with color codes much like the Satworks ST3688. I was also surprised that it came with 3 games-Teltris, Snake and Sokoban.
Overall, I would rate this as a great starter system for a newbie hobbyist or for someone wanting to add a second receiver for motorizing. It's also good for the person interested in specific programming.
Features: Stores up to 100 Satellites, 4000 channels. Easy and speedy legal software upgrades through RS-232 port. Multi LNB controlled by DisEqC 1.0/1.2/0/22 KH switching-- system can be motorized. Includes RCA A/V cables. Includes batteries for remote. :)

Attachments

• Pict0004.JPG
    Pict0004.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 533
Pete
How hard is it to set up new finds? (programming in the info)

Does it allow you to delete channels that you dont want (if you scan a TP and get 4 extra channels that are scrambled, can you delete them?)

Setting up the new finds was easy enough after getting used to the new graphics, but I am sure I would soon get used to them, it functions almost the exact same as the BEC and Satworks in this respect.

I never did try to delete any unwanted channels but I am pretty sure you can delete them manually as above, its preprogrammed and re-boxed, I will let you know for definite when I install it. The manual is above average.

How much for the Satworks 3688 with dish and lnb?

I like the price of the Traxis complete system for $165 but I want a blind search receiver.

Screen Shots

Check my web site for the Traxis and the Satwork 3688. I have sold the Traxis for several weeks now and I like it. IT is easy to program. Check my web site, go to "our products" and click on further information. You will see how easy it is to program. We give programming directions including screen shots. Check it out,,, and check our system prices. We have a few systems in stock with more on the way.
http://www.mpeg2fta.com
also check our specials on the index page
From Jeeps to Canoes we have it all
Anyone need a Triband Co-rotor?
http://www.mpeg2fta.com/traxis_dbs_2500.htm

PSB said:
Setting up the new finds was easy enough after getting used to the new graphics, but I am sure I would soon get used to them, it functions almost the exact same as the BEC and Satworks in this respect.

I never did try to delete any unwanted channels but I am pretty sure you can delete them manually as above, its preprogrammed and re-boxed, I will let you know for definite when I install it. The manual is above average.

So there is no smart search, but if you setup a satellite, it will scan the transponders? Is that not basically smart search? I am confused. :confused:

Smart search or Blind search as its called on the Satworks scans the whole satellite for live channels or feeds whereas the Traxis scans the known transponders only, of course you can punch in any feed or channel, but with the blind search all you do is press blind scan then sit back and wait for the receiver to do the work for you its a great tool! I could never do without a blind scan receiver now!

guys
Lets keep the questions that pertain to the review in the topic. If you have something to sell, start a new thread or post it in the classified section

I don't like topics getting off course or hijacked.

Thanks!
-Berg

Traxis 2500 w/ SG2100 Dishmover

Has anyone tried the Traxis 2500 using the Sg2100 Dishmover?

I was wondering if there were any problems moving the dish with the receiver, does it land on the sats ok, etc.

Thanks

I can confirm the Traxis system moves your dish no problem its a DiSEqC 1.2 receiver, with one of the best pictures I have seen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)