Traxis 3500 Remote Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

signal.quest

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2009
Near Scranton, PA
My 3500 stopped responding to the remote. I replaced the batteries and verified using a digital camera viewfinder that the IR is flashing. Could the remote still be bad or is it the receiver? Can I access the menu for blindscanning w/o the remote? Please help. Of course it decided to stop working in the middle of my 10' BUD install. Thanks.

The one I have sometimes gets goofy like that and won't work unless you hold it about 6" from the receiver. I change batteries, then usually dump the memory contents with a factory reset. Most of the time that works, but I know that using mine outside to line up a dish, the sunlight will mess up the communication between remote and receiver. Mine just doesn't seem to be that responsive to the remote no matter where it is.

I tried the SAT button and it did not work. I am going to try the factory reset. I had it outside in like 34 degree weather. I hope that did not mess it up. I wish I knew if it was the remote or the box. I tried programming a universal remote but it did not work.

If it was out in cold weather, perhaps condensation formed when you brought it back inside. Let it sit overnight (which by now you've done) and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks for all suggestions. I bought a replacement remote from ebay and it is all working fine now. I tried getting 3 different programmable remotes that I had around the house to control it with no luck.

Thanks for all suggestions. I bought a replacement remote from ebay and it is all working fine now. I tried getting 3 different programmable remotes that I had around the house to control it with no luck.

Glad you got it going again, remote controls will die eventually. If you have a learning remote, you might program it with the new Traxis remote for future use.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)