Traxis 3500 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Woah! Diamond Jim, did the Satworks finally give out?

I've found the 3500 to be pretty insensitive when it comes to the IR. We have one of them fancy Harmony remotes which can control my 3500. Even with that remote, you need to be pointing pretty much dead center with the 3500 for it to recognize commands. You can be around 25 degrees off and zilch.

In other words, I'm not 100% sold that the remote may be your problem, but rather the IR receiver in the STB has tunnel vision. Try repositioning the IR extender or the STB??

PS - Here's a little trick you can perform to see if the IR is being passed through your current IR extender. Turn the lights off in the room and look at the IR extender through a digital camera. The IR emitter should blink as sort of a purple color when it is sending out IR.

Last edited:
Yeah it did, but I fixed it. I've owned two of them, a 3618 which had to be replaced, the replacement petered out (after 4 years) and now this 3688 which had a new mother board put it, then acted up again. I decided in was time for a change.

I don't think it's emitter, the red light comes on for the Quali TV and the 3688 remotes. The 3500 does nothing. So I figere it is not receiving a signal from the remote.

I tried the camera trick......nothing.

a little off-topic

Hey Jim -
If you have a good camera , and are handy with a soldering iron. . .
Ya might pop the lid to the dead 3688 receiver, take some pictures of the inside, and post 'em.
The guys might find some burned/leaky parts you could replace, and save one of your favorite old receivers.
Worked a few months back for Linuxman.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Anole,

I lucked out and fixed it. I was looking for discolored capasiters and I remembered that if I jiggled the RCA port the video would come in, there was a capasiter right in front of it, so I pressed down on it pretty hard and it went back to normal. I left it on for about 8 hours and it worked fine.

A friend of mine that used to be my "satellite guy" has had a heart attack and can't work, so I am going to give it to him. He has never messed with MPEG 2 FTA, it should keep him busy, or give him another attack. He has done a lot of freebee work for me over the years, so this my way of helping him out.

Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. - :up

Now, get the guy to join the forum, and we can all give him a hard time! :)
In fact, maybe we can open a heart-attack department.
Seems that's not so uncommon with members. - :eek:

Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. - :up

Now, get the guy to join the forum, and we can all give him a hard time! :)
In fact, maybe we can open a heart-attack department.
Seems that's not so uncommon with members. - :eek:

He would fit right in, he's a dandy.

Hmmm. But the remote is confirmed working...correct?

It works great with the unit, just won't work through the extensions. It's like the extension doesn't reconize the FR.:confused:

Problem Solved

I moved the receiving cone to a higher spot in the front room. It seems that the red light in the transmitting cone only comes on when the signal is recieved by the receiver cone.

Thanks to all who responded.

Jim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)