Traxis and HH motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bobbe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2010
North America easten coast
I put my Sadoun satracer HH motor on my Traxis 3500 no good, the Traxis 3500 has messed up my motor. I could not get traxis to save a sat position, no way plus remote works very poorly. So after a day of it I had enough and went back to my VSU and it would not save position on my VSU anymore now and Q sig is a bit weaker on some TP's. The same thing happen to me last year when I put another sadoun stracer HH motor I had on my megasat comanche. I have tried VSU-pansat 2700A-megasat comanche-DB-Omegasat 5700-and traxis 3500, and I got to tell you he VSU has the best motor control out of all of them and very easy and convent to use.
With VSU you can be watching channel and moved the motor without even going into the menu right from the TV page and see signals at the same time. The only way I can see to use traxis with motor is to use VSU or seprate motor mover and just connect lnb to traxis. The traxis has a better blind scan and a little stronger tuner but that is all. I am disapointed in the traxis and the omegasat 5700 is worst. As far as I am concerned VSU is best FTA box around. Any comments?

If you mean Viewsat Ultra, I had one when they first came out, I liked it ok but never had it hooked up to a motor. The menu-structure was the best part about it, to me. And yes the traxis has a more sensitive tuner, but tends to lock up very often when blind-scanning. Mine does, at least. Almost every HD feed or 4.2.2 signal it found, lockup, reboot, etc. I only use mine for aiming dishes now.

If you mean Viewsat Ultra, I had one when they first came out, I liked it ok but never had it hooked up to a motor. The menu-structure was the best part about it, to me. And yes the traxis has a more sensitive tuner, but tends to lock up very often when blind-scanning. Mine does, at least. Almost every HD feed or 4.2.2 signal it found, lockup, reboot, etc. I only use mine for aiming dishes now.

Yes I can see that me to. It will help me tune into galaxy17 c-band. Good it has the beeper. Well what I tried tonite was, I put my Viewsat loop out into my traxis lnb in, so I used the VSU to move motor and taxis to download sats. Was working out prtty good for a short time till motor did not want to move anymore. My motor was good until I hooked it up to traxis 500. The same thing happen last year when hitched up the same kind of motor sadoun stracer to my comanche megasat.First when I put hh motor to traxis it just would not save position. Now after putting back on VSU it would not save motor position ether. And now after connecting VSU to taxis viva loop out my motor will not even move now. This happen before if I leave power off on stb for how ever long it takes sometimes 1 day 2 dys 1 week the motor will move again but it will not save sat postion. Bummer.

i used to use a VSU with a motor and it worked excellent....i know exactly what you mean about the fine tuning of the motor while you are still watching TV....that is a very nice feature of the VSU....VSU is a very nice box and i liked it except the blind scan was not very good and of course no DVB-S2....but nice box while i used it....

I suspect a voltage problem there, if you're 'looping out from the Viewsat'. I believe I would use one or the other with the motor, maybe unhook the coax, zero the motor with the motor buttons, then re-connect receiver & set up satellites again. Never tried to run 2 boxes off one motor with a loopout or master-slave setup but I would think it might be a recipe for weird problems.

I suspect a voltage problem there, if you're 'looping out from the Viewsat'. I believe I would use one or the other with the motor, maybe unhook the coax, zero the motor with the motor buttons, then re-connect receiver & set up satellites again. Never tried to run 2 boxes off one motor with a loopout or master-slave setup but I would think it might be a recipe for weird problems.

Well yes turosat;
I measured voltage coming out of VSU it is 14.00, and the voltage coming out of the Traxis is 18.38.
So I think the traxis is heating up the circuit board in motor. And the molecules in the chip are probably lining up causing system failed. I hope it will work if I leave unplugged for a long time like 4-5 days, then the molecules will go back to normal. That is my only guess. This happen to my other motor last year with the megasat comanche, the comanche put out 18V also, well actually the comanche you could set it to 18V or 13V I used it with both. There is no doubt in my mind about 18V volts is over heating the chip in motor. The control chip. So I think this motor is most likely messed up for good. I wonder if there is a way to reduce Voltage coming from Traxis down to 14V? I am down about this 2 motors messed up. And then I'll have realine dish to ark. Thanks for your suggestion about resetting the motor I will try it out. Well this happen to my other one before worst, There was no Q signal going thru motor I had to unplug motor for 5 days till it worked again but no sat position saved. I should have checked voltage before I put motor to it. I wonder if it would make a difference with a HH motor with NO switch built in? ok thanks.

Your receiver voltages are normal and the 18VDC is not burning out the motor. The motors are designed and will typically operate on voltages ranging form 10VDC to 22VDC.

Satellite receivers put out both 13VDC and 18VDC (+/- 10%). When you select a vertical transponder the receiver outputs 13VDC. Select a horizontal transponder the receiver outputs 18VDC.

Are you using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 to control the motor? You should have no problem switching between receivers if you are using USALS. You will have issues switching between receivers if you are using DiSEqC 1.2 as the motor stores the postion setting based on a satellite position number. If each receiver could save a satellite in a different position number, there is a potential conflict.

Measure the voltages out at the dish. What is the voltage on each receiver on a vertical channel and also on a horizontal channel?

Does the LED light up on the motor? Does the LED flash when either one of the receivers sends a move command?

Have you manually driven the motor to the ZERO position and performed a reset on the motor?

Your receiver voltages are normal and the 18VDC is not burning out the motor. The motors are designed and will typically operate on voltages ranging form 10VDC to 22VDC.

Satellite receivers put out both 13VDC and 18VDC (+/- 10%). When you select a vertical transponder the receiver outputs 13VDC. Select a horizontal transponder the receiver outputs 18VDC.

Are you using USALS or DiSEqC 1.2 to control the motor? You should have no problem switching between receivers if you are using USALS. You will have issues switching between receivers if you are using DiSEqC 1.2 as the motor stores the postion setting based on a satellite position number. If each receiver could save a satellite in a different position number, there is a potential conflict.

Measure the voltages out at the dish. What is the voltage on each receiver on a vertical channel and also on a horizontal channel?

Does the LED light up on the motor? Does the LED flash when either one of the receivers sends a move command?

Have you manually driven the motor to the ZERO position and performed a reset on the motor?

Ok yes you are right; on both receivers H is 18.38V and V is 13.98V. I am not using any switch, but the sadoun satracer HH motor has a built in DiSEqC 1.2 switch which never worked anyway on both motors. My settings in antenna set up are no switch. I am not trying to switch from different lnb's. What I am trying to find out is, My VSU works perfect with motor (before) I put Traxis to motor. Traxis will not save position. And now it messed up motor. And after a long while of moving motor with Traxis It would not move anymore and has Quality signal loss.
What I need to know is why would Traxis not save position. My VSU never had this problem. But I have had this same problem with my megasat comanche and my omegasat 5700. I just wanted to use my new Traxis for everything linear and C-band But I cannot get it to save position on like 16 linear sats I am hitting. And it is to much trouble to go to menu and reset position everytime I want to switch sats. And when I do, do that it is to much for motor circuit board must heat up then motor does not move anymore. I did not try to reset motor by going to zero have not had a chance yet. Is light on? I'll have to check that out. although the light is sometimes when I just walk past it I see it not even checking. This motor was working like a charm until I put it to Traxis. Thank you. I have my local posiion set in USAL's

Yes I reset motor to zero at motor using motor buttons, fond sats with stb no go. Motor will not go to saved position. I will leave motor unplugged for a week and try it.

I think it's time for a new motor. Leaving it unplugged a week probably won't help anything. Something in there must've toasted itself.

I think it's time for a new motor. Leaving it unplugged a week probably won't help anything. Something in there must've toasted itself.

No turbosat it does work. I've been thru this many times with the other motor. I fond out by accident one time.
Once the motor was completely dead would not move and also No signal on both readings after leaving motor unplugged for 5 days it worked again. Sometimes it worked again after 1 day or 2 days. But the thing is if I tried it again after 1 or 2 days and it did not bounce back I would have to start from the beginning again. So if I wait a week that is plenty of time to find out for sure if it will be ok. It does have to do with the chip heating up and that mess's up the molecules in the chip. When the molecules go back to normal it will work again. I am not sure if it will be able to save sat position again cause he other one did not, well it only saved position on 2 sats but then afterwards it did not save on any. But it is not just the sat position that is the problem when this happens I cannot get full signal on both readings. So I am hoping at least the signal levels will come back up to normal. I will let you know. In the mean time I could not hit any TP's on galaxy 17 91W with my 1.2m dish. I was hitting them when the motor was on but motor got ruined by weight of dish. So I lined it up 99W with linear lnb and will try to put c-band lnb on maybe tomorrow to see if I can get TP's on 99W with c-band. If I do I'll put traxis on that dish with no motor. And use VSU for my dtv world dish for linear sats. I do want to buy anymore motors I bought 2 already. And 6 receivers and 5 dishes and I do not know how many switches that ever worked right. And lnb's that add's up to a lot of money. Plus how much for steel poles and cement. The best piece of satellite equipment I ever bought was the VSU and the DTV world dish. I got a old I think it is like 40" primestar dish, The DTV world dish works way better then the PS. Back in like 96 I was a costumer of PrimeStar when I signed up they gave me a primestar jean jacket it has a PS patch on the pocket I still got it kinda cool.

Um it did not work. I left it unplugged for 1 week and put it back on today but it still will not save sat position. I guess I will have to get a new motor. A few years ago I had problem like this more then once and it worked. I guess it was just a little to much this time. Funny thing also, I was trying like heck to get 99W c-band on my 1.2M dish with no go. I had it before with same lnb. Well I got to thinking lnb must have a problem cause signal would not go up. So I took cover off of my B1 sat stack c-band lnbf and on the circuit board screw heads and on the side of housing inside where the circuit board is and in throat of lnb was like white stuff that looked like ash.
There was a little water on circuit board also. Maybe water got inside and shorted it out?
I ordered a new lnbf.

That is what its sounds like, I've seen the old white powder clue before on a few that got water/condensation inside and shorted out.
Maybe the new lnb will get you going soon!

That is what its sounds like, I've seen the old white powder clue before on a few that got water/condensation inside and shorted out.
Maybe the new lnb will get you going soon!

Yeah thanks turbosat. I got my new lnb geosatpro C2 from Sadoun yesterday. I put it up today it worked out good. I used my Viewsat ultra to set it up on my WS 1.2M stationary dish. First I hit 99W not to much on there though so I pointed it on 91W. With my VSU I hit TP 3920 26000 H 3/4 The Quality signal was 30% That is all I got in. Then I hooked up the Traxis 3500 on the same TP it was around 45%. I was trying to get TP 3800 30000 H. So I turned lnb in opposite direction which was west I am in N. E. USA) And I got a 58% on it but I lost TP 3920 but nothing on it but EWTN which is ok to watch sometimes, well I left lnb there and wrapped it up. Since I been on G17 91W lots of TP's have changed on there. My B1 sat stack lnb was getting signal just as good as this new one the geosatpro C2 I think it might have been a little better actually. So I left everything there. I tied 2 plastic bags over lnbf to protect it from water damage. So come to find out I wasted my money buying Traxis 3500. I hooked up my Omegasat 5700 up to it, the blind scan took a little longer on it but well worth it. The Omegasat 5700 is a much better machine then the Traxis 3500. Signal's the same on both. But the Omegasat gives a way better picture and sound is better also and remote control works a lot better then Traxis remote. And the image is way better and the menu has much more to offer. I never tried Omegasat on a good motor. Omegasat has a cool motor feature when you search for sat on a active transponder on installer it will beep and stop when it hits TP. But I did try it on the motor I had set up before it drove me nuts like the Traxis and megasat comanche. But the motor was little faulty it would not save sat. So everytime I wanted to change sat's I had to step and the stepping is what messed motor up to much of it. I never tried it on a new good motor that could save sat. But I am kinda weary about it when I get a new motor I do not want to mess it up. Well the VSU was better to help me set up cause it shows signal change just by connecting the lnb the Traxis did not do that it just shows no signal until you get on sat good. And the VSU has better motor control's but if the Omegasat works good with motor maybe I can try a switch to switch between The C-band dish set up and the ku dish set up. Right now I am using the Omegasat for C and the VSU for KU. What kind of switch do you think would be best turbosat? I had a Zinwell diseqc switch before and a chieta heavy duty but was losing Q signal with them.
The best switch I ever used was a dish sw21. Would that work for switching from C to KU band you think?

I have posted before about the traxis and those c-band channels on 91W, mine just will not display them, for some reason. Maybe the high symbol rate? Anyway, it will scan them in but won't show them, just get a few colorized dots on the screen, lol. That's one reason mine is just in the storage building and used for aiming and tuning, as it works ok on most other satellites for that.

I have posted before about the traxis and those c-band channels on 91W, mine just will not display them, for some reason. Maybe the high symbol rate? Anyway, it will scan them in but won't show them, just get a few colorized dots on the screen, lol. That's one reason mine is just in the storage building and used for aiming and tuning, as it works ok on most other satellites for that.

Oh really? yeah I would like to get a meter for set up it is a pain bringing stb and TV outside but all I do is my own dish so it is not worth paying that kind of money. Well I am ok with the turnout, it was getting dark out so I just left lnb where it was good for TP 3800. Maybe I'll try to get where it is good for both but I like it where it is I do not think there is anything else I can do to increase signals. I am getting 55Q on Omegasat about the same on Traxis maybe a little higher, on Viewsat ultra it only comes in on 30%. I have to get another motor and reset KU set up with my dish world dish. Signals on it are really low on certain transponders cause of motor went bad. That dish is a good dish I get almost as high signal with it as with the 1.2M on KU. I need to get a different spot for it though. Cannot get anything past 95W cause of tree's. I should have never cemented a pole there. I got my 1.2m dish on a pole up about 10ft. Cause of buildings and tree's. I do not have a real good clear path. I cannot get anything past 119W with 1.2m set up. I wish I could have it closer to ground level. This stuff is hard for me to do cause of arthritis and bad legs . I put the Traxis in the parlor. I wish there was more opened up on 91W though. That TP I was getting last year on there 7080 30000 is dead now.

100_0837.jpgI just by passed the lnb part of motor with RCA splitter signals back up there, but motor still will not save sat position.
See pic.

Is that splitter rated for satellite frequency (2 GHz)? If it is a standard CATV splitter, it probably tops out at about 1 GHz, or 900 MHz. If so, it is not suitable for satellite use.

Is that splitter rated for satellite frequency (2 GHz)? If it is a standard CATV splitter, it probably tops out at about 1 GHz, or 900 MHz. If so, it is not suitable for satellite use.

It is 900mhz and it works very well. I got a 2400mhz one and the RCA 900mhz works better then that one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Puzzled by Coolsat 6000 Blindscan

Linux scan and s2-scan LNB type confusion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)