Traxis DBS-2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spike1202

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Virginia
I just got a Traxis DBS-2500, Winegard 6ft dish w/ actuator, Chaparral feedhorn w/Gardiner 30' C Band LNB. I understand I need a V-box to move the BUD but I'm clueless as to wiring the feedhorn servo motor. Would someone help and walk me through the cabling / connections I'll need to make this system come together?

:welcome to the forum Spike 1202

the hardest part about the setup will be the traxis 2500
theres no editor for it so you will have to check to see if you can enter a (edit with the remote) satellite names. doing a search on traxis 2500 will gain you the info over in the FTA forum.

from my memory i think you can't edit them so your stuck with the ones you have listed
a newer box gives you the ability to edit sat names.

wiring is about the same as an old analog receiver for the actuator 2 for the motor power & two smaller ones for the sensor.

controling the servo isn't possible unles you have a pansat or a clone of one of those (or old analog box) untill someone makes a device that can do it ie.. gbox4000

Last edited:
Well now I'm lost, I thought feedhorn servo motor control was required during reciever channel changing.
RG-6 from LNB to Traxis DBS-2500 reciever, BUD actuator control lines to V-box.
It looks like a Uniden PC-4000 reciever/descrambler would control both BUD movement and feedhorn servo motor, and be a more straight forward hook up than the Traxis 2500 unit.
Anyone have any thoughts?

THANK YOU! That's helpful! Is there a reason to change out my Gardiner 30' C band LNB/Chaparral Feedhorn with the wired servo motor assembly or should it still work with the Traxis DBS-2500 unit as is?
I'm sure these are simplistic questions, but I gotta start somewhere!

THANK YOU! That's helpful! Is there a reason to change out my Gardiner 30' C band LNB/Chaparral Feedhorn with the wired servo motor assembly or should it still work with the Traxis DBS-2500 unit as is?
I'm sure these are simplistic questions, but I gotta start somewhere!
If you don't swap it out you will need some external device (such as an old analog receiver) to control the servo motor. I would recommend for simplicity's sake to swap it out and pick up a C band (or C-KU...they make them) LNBF. I don't personally use them (I have one but it's showing it's age) but many on the forum do use them and I'm sure they will give you their opinions on which models they prefer. The Geosat LNBF's are quite popular...

Also since you will need a actuator controller I would also recommend the GBox. I have 2 VBox II's and a VBox V, and although they all are working well, the consensus from owners that have both is that the GBox is the better unit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)