TRAXIS DBS-3500 setup problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Galaxy19

Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
New York, NY
Hi,
I had a DSR200C receiver from Glorystar which I used with a DiSEqC H-H Mount. It worked fine and I used it mainly for Galaxy 19 channels. The DSR200C receiver stopped working last week so I bought a new TRAXIS DBS-3500. I programed in my local co-ordinates (I live in NYC) through USALS for the "Galaxy 25 Ku 97W" satellite (Local Long W 73.77 Local Lat N 40.76). For the past few days I have been trying and trying to find a signal and haven't found anything. I am wondering whether something is not set up correctly in the TRAXIS. The TRAXIS came preinstalled with "Galaxy 25 Ku 97W" (which I don't understand since I thought Galaxy 19 was 97W), and with Daystar TV listed. This is what the receiver shows for Galaxy 25 as well as Daystar.

Galaxy 25 Ku 97W
LNB Type: Standard
22k: Off
DiSEqC: DiSEqC1.1
DiSEqC Switch: 4/4
Positioner: DiSEqC1.2
Polarity: H/V
22k Off

Daystar TV
Galaxy 25 Ku 97W
LNB Freq 10750
Trans Freq 11836
Symbol Rate 20765
Polarity V
DiSEqC DiSEqC1.2
Video PID 0515
Audio PID 0516
PCR PID 0515
Text PID 8191
Sub PID 8191
DBS3500 1086a-3500

I also tested my LNB and it appears to be working.

Could someone help me diagnose what the problem might be?

Thank you.

which I don't understand since I thought Galaxy 19 was 97W
Satellites get replaced from time to time.

Is the Traxis acting like the DSR200?

I programed in my local co-ordinates (I live in NYC) through USALS for the "Galaxy 25 Ku 97W" satellite (Local Long W 73.77 Local Lat N 40.76).
Galaxy 25 Ku 97W
Positioner: DiSEqC1.2
22k Off

If you are using USLAS, you should have that selected in the setup menu

Thanks for your response.
I think the Traxis is acting like the DSR200.

There is much for me to learn here. I am using USALS procedure. I am orienting the satellite dish to my True South then am getting the satelllite to GO To the 97W position. To get the sat dish to Go To though, I have to be in the DiSEqC1.2 option.

Thanks for this idea too. I checked and the "LNB Power" is set to "On".

However, I did notice that my DiSEqC Switch is set to 4/4 yet I only have one LNB, one dish and one receiver. Could that be the problem?

YES, that could be your problem, unless you have multiple lnbs on different ports of a diseqc switch. If no switch, change it to none, hit exit and save.

If the new receiver is acting like the old receiver - may be it's not the receiver.
I would go through all your connections, inside and out, make sure there is no corrosion.

Galaxy 25 Ku 97W
Positioner: DiSEqC1.2 <<< Change to USALS(?) I believe the DG380 is USALS capable.
22k Off

Then there is "
I think the Traxis is acting like the DSR200." In what way, not moving the motor? [maybe the motor is the problem(?)]
Have you tried reseting the motor? (Think this applies more to USALS operation)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/264896-dg380-hardware-reset.html#post2621662 But even then DISEQC operation would have to be re programmed.

Thanks for your response. I have both USALS and DiSEqC on the Traxis and I use one to GO TO Reference under a DiSEqC menu (to orient to my true South) and a USALS menu to go back to 97W position. This is what I meant by it acting like my old receiver.

Thanks for your response. I think my connections are ok because the satellite dish moves by responding to movement commands. Is it possible to move but not transmit a signal well?

Ok, how have you got it wired? Is the cable going from receiver to motor, then motor to lnbf? What is the firmware version loaded on your Traxis? If you bought it new recently, it may have an older buggy version still in it>seems like they did have some motor control issues with early versions. I have the last firmware for the 3500 if it isn't already on the website here. You'll need a computer with serial connection to upgrade firmware..

Well, I turned on my TV set to look at the firmware version I have (1086a-3500) and ... I have a signal and the Galaxy 19 channels are working. There is something very intermittent though about my setup because I didn't change anything. Today is quite hot. I am wondering, do you think there might have been water in one of my cables which shorted out (?) the signal but which evaporated today?

Thanks again.

Water, once in a cable, will always be in the cable. One, or any, hots day would only speed up the corrosive action.
If you think there has been water in a connector, I'd cut the cable back a few inches and replace connectors. (Preventative measures) Or, you can wait a while, and locate the discolored one later.

Might not be either receiver or the coax cable... LNBFs tend to drift off frequency. The heat and cold will often amplify this drift. How old is the LNBF and did you try replacing the LNBF first?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)