Johnnyfeedback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Bought a Traxis DBS6100HD
There were US satellites but on a factory reset I lost them
and have foreign satellites instead.

Anyways to get them back.............Thanks..JF

that seems odd. If it came with US sats it should stay on those.

Wonder if the DMSI website maybe has some software you can download into it to get the US sats back in there?

The satellite/transponder list was pre-loaded as a user database, not a default database. No way to retrieve as the factory reset nuked it. You could build your own list using ALI Editor, your reseller, or contact DMSI. A new list will need to be loaded.

Mention this error to the DMSI technical support team so they can provide you and future customers with the list loaded as a default database type, instead of the user type.

BTW... On ALI chip set STBs the user data usually can be set to the default database in the channel edit menu. User and default databases can also be saved and loaded via USB and RS232. Not sure if the 6100 model STBs have these features.

Last edited:
that seems odd. If it came with US sats it should stay on those.

Wonder if the DMSI website maybe has some software you can download into it to get the US sats back in there?

Maybe they forgot to burn the USA birds as the default. If they didn't do this the default is probably Europe birds. I checked over at DMS and the Traxis site, don't see any firmware or utilities listed. I'd check with the dealer you purchased from or DMS directly.

I did and he will email me the file
Just nuts too do a factory reset and lose the US Satellites........Over all looks like a decent receiver
using the foreign satellites instead on the US satellites for now.......JF

Yup it sure does. Here's the udf to reload US sats.

Attachments

• userdb.udf
    1.2 MB · Views: 225
Seller sent me the File of the American Satellites and works great
Able to get the ABC in HD among other satellites I could not have got before.
Seems like a good receiver and glad I picked one up (better then buying a Clone}
Best to pay a few dollars extra.....JF

Glad to hear you got it working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts