SES 2 87.0W MPEG-4 Locals and Old Time telivision(unable to get them}

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Johnnyfeedback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
I have my new Travis DBS6-HD and it says it can get MPEG-4

Anyways I am able to get a few stations but nothing like my old Openbox 10 did before it died.
Seems that I am able to get a great signal but unable to get the Locals and all the fine old tv programs.
I am looking on LyngSat and the programs are in MPEG-4
What can I be doing wrong?.Thanks...JF

What size dish are you running? You really need a 10 footer for the RTV channels to stay locked. They are dvb-s2, which takes a lot of quality signal to get.

Were you able to get these with your old receiver? You meant a Traxis DBS6000 HD Receiver, correct? That should work fine with it's specs.

I have a 10 foot dish
My old openbox 10 were getting the old stations without a problem
Bought the Traxis DBS6000 HD since it looks like the best FTA receiver
{I could have bought another openbox or skybox but feel Most are clones}
Thought that the Mpeg-4 should pickup the stations without a problem? but maybe I am screwing up somewhere......JF

Last edited:
Maybe your dish needs a little tweaking. Those channels for me are touchy. Most of this past winter I'd lost all of the RTV, etc, on 87W, only had a few other channels there. A few weeks ago I went out and tweaked the dish and got them all back.

That might solve the problem,,,a little more tweaking too the dish.
I tried G16 99W and were not able too get the ABC icons but picked up other stuff on G16..JF

DBS6000 or 6100?

If DBS6000, it has been discontinued. Since this was a recent purchase I would ask the reseller to exchange for another product. It was a decent STB for single satellite reception , but never got a channel editor and had some unresolved issues that made it a poor unit for hobbyists.

If the DBS 6100, this is a new receiver for DMSI. I have read in other posts that users are reporting many of the same issues that are native to the ALI Software Development Kit. These problems should be able to be resolved with some coding. For now you may need to manually enter some PIDs and tolerate some quirks until it matures.

Got the File from the dealer I bought the receiver from (not sure if its a old file or new file but it works}
Have got the ABC in HD and a few other stations in HD on C band
and I also got all the old time television stations on 87W with the file that I did not have before.
For the money is best to spend a few dollars more on the DBS6100 HD instead of buying a Clone receiver.
Tomorrow I will see what I get with Ku band............JF

Status
Please reply by conversation.