This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Traxis receivers?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roni

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I was just wondering what you guys think of Traxis receivers? I am looking at purchasing a receiver to use with an old primestar dish. Please let me know what models you have or know about. Please give details about them. I am looking at keeping costs under $100 on a receiver so if you know of a better brand or model please let me know. Thank you for your time and hope t hear from you soon.

Heard lots of good things about the Traxis 3500. Few members here have them. There is a review in the review area

3500 is good has blind scan thats a must if this hobby.The one I have is a Traxis 4500 no blind scan.still they are nice low budget receiver

I have used my traxis 3500 for 8 months now and there are no complaints here.One thing that I discovered early on was that you can do a blind scan when showing around 20% quality and you will be on a satellite,very stable meter and will pick up even a poor signal. If you are starting from scratch with a new system this makes it somewhat easier to set up. I haven't yet put the motor on so I can't say how well it performs, however I haven't seen any negative comments in this area.

I have 2 Traxis 3500 they are rock solid best all around receiver with good menus and Video great PAL to NTSC conversion.

2550-3500-4500-4550

What are the differences between the listed traxis receivers? I want blind search and I see different ads saying different things. I would like a traxis receiver with blind search. How much better is the 4500 or 4550 then the 3500? Thank you guys for all of your help. This is a great forum.:up

The Traxis 3500 and 4550 are the only units that have blind scan, the rest do not. If I remember correctly the 4550 has a faster processor, and a channel list restore feature that the 3500 does not. You can find the 3500 for under $100.00, and the 4550 runs about $20.00 more.

If you are looking for a Traxis receiver that also passes AC-3 Dolby, then you would
want the Traxis DBS4500. I have tried both the Traxis DBS3500 and DBS4550 and they do
not pass AC-3 audio (dolby). The downside, the 4500 does not do blind scan.
I do however like both the DBS3500 and 4550. I really need AC-3 so I stuck with the
DBS4500

Status
Please reply by conversation.