Traxis receivers?????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roni

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I was just wondering what you guys think of Traxis receivers? I am looking at purchasing a receiver to use with an old primestar dish. Please let me know what models you have or know about. Please give details about them. I am looking at keeping costs under $100 on a receiver so if you know of a better brand or model please let me know. Thank you for your time and hope t hear from you soon.:)

Heard lots of good things about the Traxis 3500. Few members here have them. There is a review in the review area :)

3500 is good has blind scan thats a must if this hobby.The one I have is a Traxis 4500 no blind scan.still they are nice low budget receiver

I have used my traxis 3500 for 8 months now and there are no complaints here.One thing that I discovered early on was that you can do a blind scan when showing around 20% quality and you will be on a satellite,very stable meter and will pick up even a poor signal. If you are starting from scratch with a new system this makes it somewhat easier to set up. I haven't yet put the motor on so I can't say how well it performs, however I haven't seen any negative comments in this area.

I have 2 Traxis 3500 they are rock solid best all around receiver with good menus and Video great PAL to NTSC conversion.

2550-3500-4500-4550

What are the differences between the listed traxis receivers? I want blind search and I see different ads saying different things. I would like a traxis receiver with blind search. How much better is the 4500 or 4550 then the 3500? Thank you guys for all of your help. This is a great forum.:up

The Traxis 3500 and 4550 are the only units that have blind scan, the rest do not. If I remember correctly the 4550 has a faster processor, and a channel list restore feature that the 3500 does not. You can find the 3500 for under $100.00, and the 4550 runs about $20.00 more.

If you are looking for a Traxis receiver that also passes AC-3 Dolby, then you would
want the Traxis DBS4500. I have tried both the Traxis DBS3500 and DBS4550 and they do
not pass AC-3 audio (dolby). The downside, the 4500 does not do blind scan.
I do however like both the DBS3500 and 4550. I really need AC-3 so I stuck with the
DBS4500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)