Tree removers take out my Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gatekeeper

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
If you have any trees in your yard that are going to be removed make sure your dish antenna is not nearby. My neighbor and I went in together to have some trees removed.Well they hit my antenna and messed up the Lnbs.I called Dish and told them what happened.It looks like no Hd for me this weekend.The tree company is insured and has agreed to pay for the damage.:)

I had the same thing happen to a friend of mine. The tree company did pay him money, he went and bought a new dish and I re-installed it for him. This time a long way from trees. ;)

They told me it was $49.00 just to come to my house.The lnbs are still intact I just believe that the impact might of broke them on the inside.One of the mounting bolts is broken also.Does anyone know an estimate as to how much they will charge?:confused: I have a Dish 1000 system (3 lnb)

there are too plastic peices that clamp like a clamshell and hold the lnb in place when screwed together. most likely that is what got broken and will be easy to replace. i checked at dishstore but could not find it. either way, the tech coming out will get ya fixed up and seems like the tree company has you covered. i am surprised that most roofing or tree removal contracters dont keep the number of a local retailer or installer to handle this automatically. seems like it happens a lot.

might be able to tape LNBs in place, with say duct or electric tape.

got you beat, a tree company took down a 15 thousand volt line, caused 3 electrical explosions, knocked out power for over 5 miles. they knocked over my pole light and broke the underground wiring too. I could of easily died, i was about to direct traffic right where the line came down.

neighbors were mad about street blocked off, power off.

the burn on the asphalt was there 5 years later when the street was repaved..........

dish damaged, minor although sorry it occured to you.

i always wanted to see a high voltage event, never want to see it again.

could feel the heat radiated by the explosion

there are too plastic peices that clamp like a clamshell and hold the lnb in place when screwed together. most likely that is what got broken and will be easy to replace. i checked at dishstore but could not find it. either way, the tech coming out will get ya fixed up and seems like the tree company has you covered. i am surprised that most roofing or tree removal contracters dont keep the number of a local retailer or installer to handle this automatically. seems like it happens a lot.

When I lived out in Georgia, I had arrangements with several tree trimmers. They would add a few extra bills to their bid and I would come out and do what needed to be done. I also referred my no line of sight customers to them. I had sold these trimmers a Suunto Inclinometer and taught their guys how to use it along with charts with satellite headings for DISH and DirecTV. So they can see which trees and how much needed to come out. If I went out for a job and shut it down to no line of sight, I would mark the most probable location for a dish and inform the customer to show that spot to these tree trimmers. The trimmers would then survey from there and check it while the other guy was up in the tree. They loved it because they got tons of work from it, customers loved it because they didn't lose any more tree than they had to lose. I made money coming back on the install plus kickbacks from the tree trimmers. I don't think there were too many tree trimmers trained to do site surveys for satellite and I told customers that I showed these guys so they would be most assured the tree trimming would go well to ensure reception.

When I lived out in Georgia, I had arrangements with several tree trimmers. They would add a few extra bills to their bid and I would come out and do what needed to be done. I also referred my no line of sight customers to them. I had sold these trimmers a Suunto Inclinometer and taught their guys how to use it along with charts with satellite headings for DISH and DirecTV. So they can see which trees and how much needed to come out. If I went out for a job and shut it down to no line of sight, I would mark the most probable location for a dish and inform the customer to show that spot to these tree trimmers. The trimmers would then survey from there and check it while the other guy was up in the tree. They loved it because they got tons of work from it, customers loved it because they didn't lose any more tree than they had to lose. I made money coming back on the install plus kickbacks from the tree trimmers. I don't think there were too many tree trimmers trained to do site surveys for satellite and I told customers that I showed these guys so they would be most assured the tree trimming would go well to ensure reception.

vegassatellite, I need to check if I will have a LOS problem when the Eastern Arc 1000.4 dish comes out. My 61.5 works good now but it appears to be a close call to me for the new dish because of neighbors house. Would I use a Suunto Inclinometer to make sure? I am trying to learn how to point and adjust/peak antenna dishes. Can you suggest any good reading material? Thanks for your help.

might be able to tape LNBs in place, with say duct or electric tape.

got you beat, a tree company took down a 15 thousand volt line, caused 3 electrical explosions, knocked out power for over 5 miles. they knocked over my pole light and broke the underground wiring too. I could of easily died, i was about to direct traffic right where the line came down.

neighbors were mad about street blocked off, power off.

the burn on the asphalt was there 5 years later when the street was repaved..........

dish damaged, minor although sorry it occured to you.

i always wanted to see a high voltage event, never want to see it again.

could feel the heat radiated by the explosion
Yea you did have it really bad.We are glad that your ok.

vegassatellite, I need to check if I will have a LOS problem when the Eastern Arc 1000.4 dish comes out. My 61.5 works good now but it appears to be a close call to me for the new dish because of neighbors house. Would I use a Suunto Inclinometer to make sure? I am trying to learn how to point and adjust/peak antenna dishes. Can you suggest any good reading material? Thanks for your help.

Suunto inclinometers work awesome, however they're around 100 to 120 bucks. As for good reading, you're on it.

Yea you did have it really bad.We are glad that your ok.

thanks it was a memorable day.

the tree company reported it cost their insurance 15 grand .........

TCI head end lost power, cable had to dispatch trucks with generators to prevent a near county wide outage...

its been a long time now but very scary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts