Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

Meanwhile, there's this question from tvpredictions.com...
[url=http://www.tvnewscheck.com/link/96119/dishtribune-retrans-fight-will-it-ever-end[/URL]]dish-Tribune Retrans Fight: Will It Ever End?

And at the rate things are going, the answer remains "No." I have a feeling antenna sales will be going up this month and next, especially where network affiliates are being blocked. Whether you're dealing with this "Trib vs. dish" mess or not right now, I'd invest in one now if you can. You'll thank yourself later.[/URL]

I have seen a lot of people talk about how it looks like the Tribune stations won't be back ever. Considering the NAB and the FCCs involvement historically.... There is no data to support that claim. Name one of the major 4 local channel that was dropped from Dish permanently.

Anyone know if NBC live streams the Olympics on their site(I vaguely recall they did during the 2014 winter Olympics)? I'm in 1 of 2 markets where Tribune has an NBC station and this is getting beyond ridiculous.

Yes they will. However it's likely you'll need to subscribe to a "participating video provider" (dish being one) to get the live streams. Be warned, however, the Opening Ceremonies will not be live streamed for reasons already reported in the media. Also, I think the live streams will mostly be "world feed".

Obviously you do, so you have nothing to worry about there. Nor do you have to see the stream live. They'll be archived.

From the Swanni...

"Since the initial standoff, Dish has filed a lawsuit against Tribune claiming it has defamed it in advertisements, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson, apparently acting on Tribune's behalf".

I would love to comment, but I can't take anything Swanni says seriously. Can anybody provide substantiation...about them suing The Rev?

Reactions: ChadT41
I am nt dure Swanni is saying that. Here is the full paragraph

"Since the initial standoff, Dish has filed a lawsuit against Tribune claiming it has defamed it in advertisements, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson, apparently acting on Tribune's behalf, has bizarrely suggested Dish is ignoring WGN for reasons of racism."

I have no idea if they are suing rev. Jackson but I do nto see that suggested in the article.

Reactions: dare2be
Based on the quote from Swanni, he is saying that Dish is suing Tribune and Jesse Jackson. Is it poor grammar or sentence structure ? No idea....

Reactions: pattykay
I am nt dure Swanni is saying that. Here is the full paragraph

"Since the initial standoff, Dish has filed a lawsuit against Tribune claiming it has defamed it in advertisements, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson, apparently acting on Tribune's behalf, has bizarrely suggested Dish is ignoring WGN for reasons of racism."

I have no idea if they are suing rev. Jackson but I do nto see that suggested in the article.
Agreed. The sentence is a compound sentence and can be re-written as:

"Since the initial standoff, Dish has filed a lawsuit against Tribune claiming it has defamed it in advertisements. Also, the Rev. Jesse Jackson, apparently acting on Tribune's behalf, has bizarrely suggested Dish is ignoring WGN for reasons of racism."

Yes, dare2be, your version is much better and clearer (and presumably correct). I find no references to Dish suing Jackson anywhere.

Swanni needs to learn how to properly use commas !

technically, it is correct punctuation as a compound sentence, but until you read the entire sentence, I can see how it might be interpreted that way.

If you break down the thought, it reads: "since the standoff, Dish has done this, and Jackson has done that."

Reactions: lfp302
Not sure of all the loop holes and work arounds, but. The reason there are locals in most if not all markets is because it is required by law. Years ago you could also get locals from markets all over the country. Than they had spot beams. This made it so people could only get there affected locals. If a deal is not met I believe that the government will get involved. Just not sure what the trigger is for that to happen. If you are unable to receive locals in a certain area Dish allows a feed from another city to your house. I think LA or NY? If affected households can not receive locals due to a dispute. Can't Dish just give everyone a none Tribe owned station? I know there is a lot of other legal crap in there somewhere. Advertising, permission,compensation stuff like that. But is it possible. I have a great antenna get 55 locals from two city's and most are 90 to 100 percent signal strength. But I know most people do not have that option. Or in some cases the means to make it happen. Just rambling.....

my brother is a cubs fan and he is getting ticked off what is going on with dish and tribune he has dish and he would like to eventually watch his cubs games on channel 9 out of chicago.

my brother is a cubs fan and he is getting ticked off what is going on with dish and tribune he has dish and he would like to eventually watch his cubs games on channel 9 out of chicago.
Thats not even 1/3 of the games tho?....WLS TV7 carries them so does CCSN Chicago....

Im annoyed with the drop of WGN 9... Sox play on it 1-2 times a week and although I have an OTA, I am too far away to get WGN 9 on it :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts