Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

Funny how you take the points that refute what you say and create a new strawman from them.

Funny how someone saving $5 or $7 dollars a months is as gitty as a school girl because there saving big bucks....

If you were to look at it by % its maybe 3 to 5%.....I think thats a bit over the top....

If you save 2 cents a gallon at your gas station down the street do you tell all your neighbors about the huge savings?

Funny how you totally missed the side of the barn with your mud slinging. With Smart Pack + Heartlland + Movie Pack, I get the channels I want and I'm saving $30/month from when I had AT200.

The point that keeps flying over the heads of the barn-slingers is that there is nothing comparable!!! Dish now has many more inexpensive choices than the competition with Welcome, Smart, Flex Packs and the add-ons. And to swing back to the original point that started this, they wouldn't have been possible without the past channel dishputes and dishruptions.

Actually I had the top 250 and it was $89.99 a month. Now I have the Flex pack for $34.99 a month + Locals pack for $10.00+News pack for $10.00 + Hbo for $10.00 month+ DISH Movie pack for $10.00 (for the summer)= $74.99 a month before the Hopper fees are added in So I'm getting all the channels I loved from all three top programming packs , none of the sports that I hated to pay for and I'm also getting HBO and Epix and a lot of movie channels included and paying about $15.00 less a month than just the top 250 for all of it. Now add the hopper fees and dvr fees and I pay another $29.00 a month and it comes to $103.99 a month. Before my monthly bill without the $40.00 discount credits that end in November came to around $145.00 a month. So from now on I won't have to call and get discount credits anymore. I can drop the DISH movie pack after the summer to save another $10.00 and I can always call and get 1/2 price discounts on any of the premium channels if I want. So I am saving money and I can add either the variety pack or Heartland pack for $6.00 if I want to. This is a great way to save money and get what you are paying for. The closest thing to ala cart that I can get and I am really happy that they followed almost to the letter the suggestion I made over and over again, the system of programming packs that is close to what the Canadian sat companies did. So you can save money and get what you pay for with DISH again like the good old days- if you go with the Flex pack , Smart pack, or Welcome pack. :clapping

Well I do know no one is saving $20 or $30 a month, for anything comparable!!!!

Just to be clear Satellite is my first choice for TV and I would have Directv if I didn't want DISH.

But dude, you have zero understanding of the pricing of Directv and DISH then. I am paying $26 less and yes, for comparable and I broke it down a few months ago. Top250 HBO, two HD DVR receivers each with three tuners two satellite and one OTA. (It was actually a little less of a savings then but Directv has become even more expensive)
You just sound foolish making a post you made up, and have no idea how much can be saved.

Beyond that, lets throw out comparable and going with your insistence that it isn't comparable. Then answer this, why doesn't Directv or Cable offer an alternative so that people can spend less and then be comparable? Why does DISH have more choices to spend less? Why does DISH have what many would say is the best new receiver? Partly because the money saved in negotiations does go back into the business. They are working on lowering bills withing the framework of high cost to them (and everyone) for programming especially sports.

Just to be clear Satellite is my first choice for TV and I would have Directv if I didn't want DISH.

But dude, you have zero understanding of the pricing of Directv and DISH then. I am paying $26 less and yes, for comparable and I broke it down a few months ago. Top250 HBO, two HD DVR receivers each with three tuners two satellite and one OTA. (It was actually a little less of a savings then but Directv has become even more expensive)
You just sound foolish making a post you made up, and have no idea how much can be saved.

Beyond that, lets throw out comparable and going with your insistence that it isn't comparable. Then answer this, why doesn't Directv or Cable offer an alternative so that people can spend less and then be comparable? Why does DISH have more choices to spend less? Why does DISH have what many would say is the best new receiver? Partly because the money saved in negotiations does go back into the business. They are working on lowering bills withing the framework of high cost to them (and everyone) for programming especially sports.

Again..........In a comparable scenario......Its very close....Ive read your story and its not apples to apples thats all.....I have Dish and Direct both.............Stop being a fan boy......its silly and childish!.....

Then you have not read my story. Why not take a step back and take a look at what I actually compared. I know why you don't but maybe you should.
Here's some clues to help you. I don't pay a first receiver fee and I don't pay about $6 in sports surcharges that I would with Directv. I pay less for the as comparable as it gets programming including HBO. Exactly as Dare2be says you make straw man arguments instead of a an actual factual reply.

Edit to add - You also ignored my question of why doesn't Directv have a way to save money like DISH if we are going with the not comparable... Because they aren't saving as much as DISH is by negotiating hard is at least partly why.
If it makes you feel better DISH makes more profit by negotiating hard, I think we all agree with that. But that does not mean those savings don't make it better for subscribers and we have given several ways it does.

Well I do know no one is saving $20 or $30 a month, for anything comparable!!!!
First, you threw out percentages, which have no basis. Now you switch to dollar amounts. Whatever "helps" your argument, huh ?

The fact is, someone may have been paying for AT120, AT200, etc in order to get a few channels that they wanted. Maybe they can get those specific channels in a Sling package and if so, they can save $20-30/month.

Reactions: Tampa8
AZ is the one fighting and getting hurt...over simple facts. Look at all those exclamation points and random incoherent sentence fragments.

What did I miss ? :biggrin
It wasn't me ,That's all I can tell you because I missed it too.
But I'm glad msmith is watching, because "Fanboy" is the least IMO of the name calling and personal attacks that happend in this thread.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

First, you threw out percentages, which have no basis. Now you switch to dollar amounts. Whatever "helps" your argument, huh ?

The fact is, someone may have been paying for AT120, AT200, etc in order to get a few channels that they wanted. Maybe they can get those specific channels in a Sling package and if so, they can save $20-30/month.

Or the new Flex package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts