Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

Dish Network is calling me in less than an hour. They want to see if there isn't something that we can work out. I am looking forward to this, not from the point of leverage on my part, but, I truly want to hear what they have to say. The conversation should be interesting.
Do you live where you could easily pick up the OTA channel. You could get a USB OTA tuner.

Dish Network is calling me in less than an hour. They want to see if there isn't something that we can work out. ...but, I truly want to hear what they have to say. The conversation should be interesting.
Please, take good notes. Note who it is that calls you too.

Nevermind, it's probably done by now.... Just saw the time of your post.

Reactions: Tampa8
OK clearly Tribune is totally waiting for NFL to kick off before even remotely talking to Dish again. If i was a betting man Tribune has already made quite a few dump dish or tell your friends to dump dish ads/campaigns to air during these NFL games. Note to Tribune: Dish went a month W/O the #1 rated cable news network( I think that is a fact) in the U.S and take a wild guess who blinked...I miss my KFOR but there are so many other ways to get around this blackout. I think its about to get even worst between these 2 real quick...

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Bought an antenna and am getting KCPQ just fine now. Tribune can go take a flyin' leap. It took some work to get the channel to come in with a decent degree of stability and it still occasionally winks-out for 10-20 seconds, but it's better than nothing. Was pretty sure I couldn't get it here, but with some money and a large degree of tinkering, it seems to be fairly stable...when it's stable, it looks great...

Going to have to look into an OTA Module for my 722 if this isn't resolved by NFL Kickoff

Chances of Dish compensating me for this?

Bought an antenna and am getting KCPQ just fine now. Tribune can go take a flyin' leap. It took some work to get the channel to come in with a decent degree of stability and it still occasionally winks-out for 10-20 seconds, but it's better than nothing. Was pretty sure I couldn't get it here, but with some money and a large degree of tinkering, it seems to be fairly stable...when it's stable, it looks great...

I've had an amplified HD antenna, mounted just below the dish, from back when the stations were switching over. Don't use it that much (but will now, I guess), but when I do, it's amazing to see just how much crushing of the HD signal Dish is doing. The OTA HD signal is like seeing HD for the first time ... okay, maybe that is a bit over the top, but there is a noticeable difference watching the "clean" signal.

Ask Tribune to compensate you ?

In all seriousness, if you call Dish and raise enough fuss, it's very possible that they will provide you one for free.

Do you have a 722 or a 722k ? I thought the 722 had the OTA adapter built-in (like the 622) ?
The 722 has a built in single OTA tuner. The 722K needs a module that provides 2 tuners....

Going to have to look into an OTA Module for my 722 if this isn't resolved by NFL Kickoff
I wouldn't wait. Call and get one. Even if Tribune and dish kiss up and make nice before Week 1 you'll be prepared, and this crud will happen again with some other cashcaster wanting more of dish's (translation: YOUR) money.

Bought an antenna and am getting KCPQ just fine now. Tribune can go take a flyin' leap.
There you are. One less human being who won't get taken by Tribune's greed. If you're in one of the other, what, 19 markets where Tribune still has you hanging follow the lead, find a suitable antenna and take what's out there. If you live someplace where an antenna is not an option there's NFL RedZone for the CBS and FOX games on Sunday afternoons. That should at least give you the (hopefully) good and important stuff until all concerned make up.

As to that Tribune guy who keeps asking you to switch tell him to hit the road. They obviously don't want to get this settled, so make Him and Them pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)