Tribune Broadcasting Company Blacks Out DISH Customers in 33 Markets;

I've had an amplified HD antenna, mounted just below the dish, from back when the stations were switching over. Don't use it that much (but will now, I guess), but when I do, it's amazing to see just how much crushing of the HD signal Dish is doing. The OTA HD signal is like seeing HD for the first time ... okay, maybe that is a bit over the top, but there is a noticeable difference watching the "clean" signal.
Well, besides being "HD lite" (1440x1080), the signal goes through a lot of equipment, gets encoded/decoded and goes 22k miles up and 22k miles back down...but yes, terrestrial HD does look rather good. :D

Reactions: jamesjimcie
Ask Tribune to compensate you ?

In all seriousness, if you call Dish and raise enough fuss, it's very possible that they will provide you one for free.

Do you have a 722 or a 722k ? I thought the 722 had the OTA adapter built-in (like the 622) ?

As long as your local OTA station has not crammed in multiple subchannels and robbed the bandwidth for the HD primary channel.

Agreed, our local Fox station (WXXV) has added NBC and The CW to its subchannels. The CW was the last one added and it looks like abstract art most of the time.

As long as your local OTA station has not crammed in multiple subchannels and robbed the bandwidth for the HD primary channel.

WTTO CW in Birmingham has Antenna TV on .2, Comet on .3, and GetTV on .4, even with all those subchannels it still looks good. It's sister station WABM has two 720p feeds MyNetwork and ABC and it looks real good.

DISH and Tribune Broadcasting Have Reached a Deal
Good News!
We are pleased to announce that DISH and Tribune Broadcasting have reached a long-term comprehensive agreement and your channels have been restored. Thank you for your patience as we worked to reach a deal.

http://dishpromise.com/

Too bad WGN is back and we all have to pay for that waste but glad this mess is over. Would love to know who blinked but obviously football lit a fire under some arses

Wish we knew who blinked in this, but we will never know. I really thought we would have seen all the locals back but not WGN America.

Little harder to tell this time. Could be both made concessions they were not prepared to do before. Biggest advertising dollars however are for NFL games, Tribune may have wanted those eyes back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)