Tribune/Dish Dispute?

You got it. Until people wake up to being fleeced by the system of extortion and oligopoly, nothing will change. The consumer will continue to bend over.
Yeah because Dish ,Directv are not guilty of the same things you mention.

If Dish and Directv were so honest and trust worthy they would have their negotiations open to the public.
They don't want us to see the additional money grab they put in for themselves during these disputes.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Yeah because Dish ,Directv are not guilty of the same things you mention.
There you go getting all one-sided again (or assuming others are being one-sided).

The entire industry is broken...that includes the content owners, providers, and customers who keep taking it.

Reactions: Jim S.
Was wondering the same thing...I guess Dish thinks no one cares about The CW or maybe it is just an oversight. I think people would notice if something national was playing on these channels. In my opinion, the news from WGNO has gone downhill with its News with a Twist. The news at 11 A.M. on weekdays and The NOLA Marketplace show is not too bad I guess. However, I would say that the news is far away from the AP awarding newscasts it once had. I miss some of the anchors like Jessica Holly that used to be on there; Meg Gatto, Liz Reyes, and Bruce Katz are all on WVUE, channel 8. They were all good; I think Ed Daniels is about one of the best anchors still there. Sometimes I will watch their news if the other stations has sports on, and sometimes I will watch the world news from ABC. However, I would say that I barely watch these two channels as I used to in the past. I will occasionally watch a Simpsons repeat on WNOL. I miss the old days of No-It-Alls ().

I agree. I watch the 11am news everyday, but the nola marketplace is the same 5 or 6 over and over. Gave up on those a while back. Their "News with a twist" is barely news.

If Dish and Directv were so honest and trust worthy they would have their negotiations open to the public.
They don't want us to see the additional money grab they put in for themselves during these disputes.

Do you honestly believe the parties sitting across the table want, nor allow, their laundry out in the wind, too.

Right now it says "WGN9 Removed Acces to CW9" in Chicago for channel 9, and 239 now maps to TNT, but still shows WGN America content.

Here in Chicago, I see that Dish has on Channel 10 that Channel 9 is threatening to be removed... "Tribune Broadcasting has rejected our offer to extend our current agreement and is threatening to block access to one of your local channels"

http://dishpromise.com/wgn-america
http://dishpromise.com/superstations

I feel like DirecTV dealt with Tribune recently as well.
I have the old Superstation package. I lost WGN America, WPIX-TV New York, KWGN-TV Denver and KTLA-TV Los Angeles.
Its time for logical minds to finally admit that these retransmission fights are destructive and illogical.
I am sick of the consumer being played by BOTH sides.

Reactions: reddice
I had a scroll across the screen tonight on WGN America stating that on June 12th the channel could be taken off of Dish. Hopefully this will get resolved. I watch a lot of POI and Blue Blood re-runs on WGN America.
Blue Bloods is the only thing I watch on WGN....WPIX carries 30 or so mets games. For that I am pissed. I can watch the news from back home on both WWOR and WPIX....I rarely watch KTLA, but it's cool to have a local perspective on Los Angeles news.

I agree. I watch the 11am news everyday, but the nola marketplace is the same 5 or 6 over and over. Gave up on those a while back. Their "News with a twist" is barely news.

News with a twist is likely cheaper than a regular newscast and probably gets them higher ratings. (Hard to get mad atbthem when their 10pm newscast was losing to whatever Ch 54 and Ion had on some nights.)

I have a couple local stations that are still in the Program Guide but show they are "removed" but WGN (239) is just gone, period..... TNT is in it's place - no WGN programming. I've had that station since I've had satellite TV. This is really getting ridiculous. I'm about ready to put up an antenna and go to local and internet. Less frustrating. I can't be held responsible for what's gonna happen if I don't get my Walker fix.... and soon!

Reactions: reddice
I'd say that I was happy that Sunbeam bought Boston's only Tribune station WLVI about 10 years ago, but Sunbeam in Boston is in its own mess. WLVI is up for contract renewal with The CW, which people are speculating that CBS will try to get it moved to their O&O WSBK. Then Sunbeam is in the whole WHDH losing NBC mess. Might have taken WLVI on OTA only over the possibility that it might be either sold back to the FCC and shut down, or could be infomercial central until something like a This TV is put on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts