Tribune stations gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CLTV does not show cubs games any more That ended years ago. Now CLTV has been used for a FSN / CSN over flow slot (but you do not need CLTV to get the overflow games).

fsds said:
Fox 40 Sacramento CA web post:mad:

Attention DirecTV Subscribers

This Saturday, March 31, 2012, DirecTV’s contract to carry FOX 40 will expire. If we do not reach an agreement, by law, DirecTV cannot carry our television stations on its system.

Despite our best efforts, DirecTV is refusing to offer us fair compensation for the programming we provide, and we remain far apart in negotiations. This is programming that DirecTV charges you for every month, but has never once compensated us. As a result of DirecTV’s inflexibility, there’s a strong likelihood that service interruptions may occur. We feel we have an obligation to make sure DirecTV subscribers are aware that they may lose the programming provided by FOX 40 after this Saturday, March 31st.

Call 800-KEEPFOX (800-533-7369)

Email DirecTV

Tell your friends

FAQ

What is the issue?
DirecTV has refused to come to an agreement with Tribune-owned local TV stations like FOX 40 regarding the distribution of our programming. For more than ten years, DirecTV has paid popular broadcasters for the right to distribute their programming.
That's bullcrap. There's no law stating that.

Last edited by a moderator:
They can carry the channels while negotiating in good faith. It's been done before. The channels can stay up if both sides agree. What you are talking about is DirecTV just uplinking without any agreement. Again, bullcrap. Tribune wants to make waves.

Perhaps it refers to Tribune saying Directv can't carry the stations without a contract. That's not how they are making it sound, however. They can both agree to leaving the stations up while still negotiating, like The Fat Man said. It's happened many times before.

CW has warning on my station about this...its saying this..alerts 11-1....You may have heard messages about the possible loss of your CW station.For information,please visit DirectvPromise.com...I believe they will settle this by then or extend the talks and leave stations up imo :)

I agree.

Geronimo said:
No consent is needed to broadcast a superstation. So I am not so sure that the Tribune owned superstations would go away. Having said that D* has no supers package so this is an academic discussion.

I know they don't, that's why I said "Good thing they don't have the package." Nonetheless, thanks for clearing that up, I always thought national distribution on Dish was subject to the retrans law.

Last edited:
I checked the Cubs schedule on WGN America. Since I have the EI package, I will only miss a few games. I don't live in the Chicago area, and I usually don't care which team's feed I watch. For those who live in or near Chicago, I guess that's a lot of games you will miss. I hope it's settled soon.

This will probably be much ado about nothing and I will hazard a guess that the 1st Cubs game on 4/5 will be available to everyone on WGN-A :)

This smells of the FOX/Dish dispute to me, Iceberg. The question is who blinks first? I'm believing that Tribune and DirecTV aren't as stubborn as FOX and Dish usually are. I must say, I agree. Cubs opening day will be available via WGN America on DirecTV.

Tribune is playing hardball but I still think that they will agree before the deadline or at least agree to keep talking, keep the stations up and make the deal retroactive to 4/1. the only real indicator to the contract would be the ads. I don't know how intense things get in other reas but around here we see ads like that in every dispute and the parties usually settle before the deadline or shortly thereafter.

I don't know. This smells more like Dish's dealings with Tribune year's ago which prevented our local fox from being added in HD to our local's package. I can see Tribune pulling. It's their style.

S~

I hope they are. I don't want to get in the attic again and get going my ota antenna, again :/

The Time clock is ticking down to midnight. Wonder if tribune will actually pull their programming off directcv while they dispute.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

I might get an installer job

HR24 on single feed legacy 18inch dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)