Status
Please reply by conversation.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
:rant:Went online to my account today to add Showtime to my package so we would be able to watch Dexter. A message came up saying that I could not. That I would have to upgrade my package. What the hell kind of bullsh** is this??!! I currently have "Choice Extra Classic", and I have previously had the premium movie channels in the past. I cancelled them a few months back because they are not worth the money in my opinion. Just the same movies over and over, and rarely anything new worthwhile. Anyone else had this happen to them? I am so ticked right now that I am thinking of dropping Directv at the end of my 24 month commitment. I am about 2/3 of the way through it right now. Anyone have any alternative suggestions for me other than upgrading? I am thinking of Hulu Plus, but am not sure right now if it is available there, and how long after the fact. Suggestions anyone?

You are on a grandfathered package....as is a bunch of us on the old Choice Xtra (now Choice xtra classic)

You can call and add and remove premiums and keep the package. You may not have to talk to anyone....just the automated thing

I know I can add the HD Extra Pack (free for 3 months) then after 3 months I called in and the auto thing asked me what I wanted to do "CANCEL HD EXTRA PACK" and it was done without speaking to anyone

edit: I just tried and was able to duplicate it. So yeah you will have to call Directv to add it

Thanks Ice. You're saying that I can add Showtime by telephone and not online? And can do this without upgrading my current package? Does'nt make sense if that is the case. But I am going to look into Hulu Plus before calling.

Thanks again Ice. Believe it or not, I found an internet site playing last nights first episode of Dexter in it's entirety. Experimenting with how to play it from my laptop to my large flatscreen tv. Think I can do it with an HDMI cable. Time to watch tv now, so will give it a try tomorrow.

Same thing happened to me a few months ago. I was able to add HBO via the automated phone system, but when I tried to cancel (by saying CANCEL HBO), it tossed me right to a CSR (who of course, tried to talk me out of it).

yes you can add it by calling in without changing your package.

Yeah it's been that way for quite some time. If you are on a grandfathered package, you have to call in or use the automation system. It sucks, but they must use it as a way to get people onto newer packages, and most probably just bite and make the change online without bothering to call in--also from what I understand, calling in is the only way to make changes without losing grandfathered DNS status.

I don't mind calling in since I realize I have to do it (plus they are good about giving you an extra deal here or there if you call) but what really annoys me is that you can't view your statements online without signing up for paperless billing--I get paper bills since its easy to stash them away and pull them out (most of the time I don't even open the envelopes) if there's an issue and toss them after a year. I'd love to be able to pop into my account and check on things from there and still get the bills to file. Directv is the only company I have that makes you make a choice--everyone else sends me a bill as well as lets me view it online. Even friggin Comcast does both.

Nat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)