Tried to cancel

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
I called DISH tonight with the intent to cancel. I have a free trial underway with Sling TV and was going to go with that plus OTA, Netflix and Hulu. They offerred me a $30 credit for 6 months. I said no. The agent put me on hold and came back with $45 for 10 months plus HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months. I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

Likely not... $450 in a year is quite a bit of savings. I mean, they likely would have possibly added something like more movie channels free for a month or something, but monetarily, no. That is already a lot of savings.

When they loose 140,000 subscribers last quarter they value your business more than ever.

But I think a 45 credit is the best your going to get.

I don't think they will give you anything better than they are offering new customers.

I got $65.00 off for a year , Free for 3 months on Showtime/cinemax/starz and 1/2 off Hbo ,but I've been with them for 18 and 1/2 years. So $780.00 off in programming right there. I doubt I would get any better than that ,unless they comp the fees too.

I called DISH tonight with the intent to cancel. I have a free trial underway with Sling TV and was going to go with that plus OTA, Netflix and Hulu. They offerred me a $30 credit for 6 months. I said no. The agent put me on hold and came back with $45 for 10 months plus HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months. I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

So, are you now back in contract for two years? If so, then your savings amounts to $18.75 a month. Still better than what I'm getting.

I have been out of contract for a couple of years. I hesitate to try this "threaten to leave" strategy. With my luck, I would be the one customer they would simply say "adios" and pull the plug on my service.

I was fully prepared to leave. When I called I did not think I would still have Dish when the call ended. I was trying to cut costs but they made the deal good enough to stay.

Reactions: Tampa8
I was fully prepared to leave. When I called I did not think I would still have Dish when the call ended. I was trying to cut costs but they made the deal good enough to stay.

That's the way to go into that, not simply threatening to leave. Nice deal.

I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

probably. when we cancelled in January, they offered us $50 a month off for a year, plus HBO and skinemax for a year with no contract.

we still left.

The contract is the one thing I should have pressed harder. Mainly because I wonder if the equipment will last 2 more years. I guess if it does not I will sign up for the protection plan and then call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts