Tried to cancel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
I called DISH tonight with the intent to cancel. I have a free trial underway with Sling TV and was going to go with that plus OTA, Netflix and Hulu. They offerred me a $30 credit for 6 months. I said no. The agent put me on hold and came back with $45 for 10 months plus HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months. I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

Likely not... $450 in a year is quite a bit of savings. I mean, they likely would have possibly added something like more movie channels free for a month or something, but monetarily, no. That is already a lot of savings.

When they loose 140,000 subscribers last quarter they value your business more than ever.

But I think a 45 credit is the best your going to get.

I don't think they will give you anything better than they are offering new customers.

I got $65.00 off for a year , Free for 3 months on Showtime/cinemax/starz and 1/2 off Hbo ,but I've been with them for 18 and 1/2 years. So $780.00 off in programming right there. I doubt I would get any better than that ,unless they comp the fees too.

I called DISH tonight with the intent to cancel. I have a free trial underway with Sling TV and was going to go with that plus OTA, Netflix and Hulu. They offerred me a $30 credit for 6 months. I said no. The agent put me on hold and came back with $45 for 10 months plus HBO and Cinemax free for 3 months. I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

So, are you now back in contract for two years? If so, then your savings amounts to $18.75 a month. Still better than what I'm getting.

I have been out of contract for a couple of years. I hesitate to try this "threaten to leave" strategy. With my luck, I would be the one customer they would simply say "adios" and pull the plug on my service.

I was fully prepared to leave. When I called I did not think I would still have Dish when the call ended. I was trying to cut costs but they made the deal good enough to stay.

Reactions: Tampa8
I was fully prepared to leave. When I called I did not think I would still have Dish when the call ended. I was trying to cut costs but they made the deal good enough to stay.

That's the way to go into that, not simply threatening to leave. Nice deal.

I took the deal. Now I wonder if I had said no would they have given me an even better offer??

probably. when we cancelled in January, they offered us $50 a month off for a year, plus HBO and skinemax for a year with no contract.

we still left.

The contract is the one thing I should have pressed harder. Mainly because I wonder if the equipment will last 2 more years. I guess if it does not I will sign up for the protection plan and then call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)