Triple LNB and multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

John10Yes

Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
I just installed a new triple LNB dish this past weekend. It gave me fits until I removed a splitter/multiswitch I had in the line that worked fine with the old round dish. Is a splitter not an option any more?

the 3 LNB dish has a built in multiswitch for 4 outputs. if you need more you will need to get a different kind of non-cascadable multiswitch.

GutBomb said:
the 3 LNB dish has a built in multiswitch for 4 outputs. if you need more you will need to get a different kind of non-cascadable multiswitch.

Not to be anal, but you would actually need a CASCADABLE switch :D

Al

I just recently upgraded to a new HD receiver but am holding off on the dish for now. Probably will upgrade before the end of the year to get the 6 months free, though. My question is this: When I upgrade to the 18X20 dish and use the switch on the dish, two of the connections will go to my SD DVR and 1 connection will go to my HD receiver and 1 connection will go to my SD receiver. That uses them all up. What happens if I want to ever upgrade to an HD DVR? I understood the the cascadable switches only passed the 101 signal.

You mean you misunderstood ;) A 4x8 or 5x8 (adds OTA) cascadable will pass all 3 sat signals. A 2x or 3x (Again, OTA), usually will only pass 101.

Then I must have a 2X or 3X switch now because I can only get the 101 satellite. So, I guess I would have to get another switch if I wanted to add an addtional DVR.

I had a CSR tell me that the dish was only $49.99 through them. Is that true? I have seen them on-line but for much more.

Directv has some special offers for existing customers. Call and ask about HDCK7744 it ends Oct.30th and is limited to certain locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts