Triple LNB/Diplexter question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Snipr4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Is it true that I can not use diplexers on my TERK S26 I currently have the following:
TERK S26 & two Hughes HTL-HD

Tomorrow I'm about to add a Winegard SS-2000 (amplified version) through a splitter & then each of those two lines thru a dipilexer to each line then diplexed out to the receivers. I would rather not have to run a extra coax to each system my neighbor said I'd have issues running diplexers along with triple LNB receiver.
Is this true or is he the one with issues ?

I think you will be OK

split the OTA to the Diplexers and Sat line in Diplexers
share line in to TV area split with Diplexers... Sat to receiver - OTA to ant. in
out to TV
Total of 4 diplexers needed ( 2 per line )

I assumed that they would work I'm currently waiting for them to arrive via UPS ground, but thew me off when he stated something about the diplexers work of with a single or dual LNB but will not work with a triple LNB ?
Has anyone else ever heard of this or even better do any of you use diplexers for OTA to share the same coax along with your triple LNB ?

Snipr4x4 said:
I assumed that they would work I'm currently waiting for them to arrive via UPS ground, but thew me off when he stated something about the diplexers work of with a single or dual LNB but will not work with a triple LNB ?
Has anyone else ever heard of this or even better do any of you use diplexers for OTA to share the same coax along with your triple LNB ?
Nope, they work. I am using them as we speak with a Phase III dish.

Casey

When I install the Winegard SS-2000 (amplified version) through a splitter does it need to be a digital splittter 5-2050MHz or just a plain old splitter 5-1000MHz ?

thanks,

Snipr4x4 said:
When I install the Winegard SS-2000 (amplified version) through a splitter does it need to be a digital splittter 5-2050MHz or just a plain old splitter 5-1000MHz ?

thanks,
Do you need to pass voltage to the Winegard? Most diplexers pass voltage only to the satellite.

boba said:
Do you need to pass voltage to the Winegard? Most diplexers pass voltage only to the satellite.

boba, good thinking but I set it up so that it goes from the SS-2000 one RG-6 cable to the 110v power supply, then out of the power supply it goes into a (plain ol) splitter then thru the first two diplexers along with the Sat signal & then on the other end the signals break out via diplexers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)