tripod for 5lnb dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
It looks like I'm going to be moving into an apartment soon and will need a tripod to have a dish on my patio/balcony. I want to get the latest greatest dish from directv to get all the HD, so what tripod do I need? Am I right that it needs a different diameter pole?

It looks like I'm going to be moving into an apartment soon and will need a tripod to have a dish on my patio/balcony. I want to get the latest greatest dish from directv to get all the HD, so what tripod do I need? Am I right that it needs a different diameter pole?

You could have also used a standard heavy duty tripod from Radio Shack for $35 and a chain link fence line post for about $6.

A standard Phase III DirecTV 1-5/8" pole non-penetrating roof mount can also be used.

This adapter on eBay would make it work.

DirecTV AT9/AU9 KA/KU Adapter for old 1-5/8" pole - eBay (item 150242032312 end time May-06-08 20:16:42 PDT)

JosephB,
The item that Mike 500 mentioned works very well and it's simple and inexpensive to boot.

Simply slide the piece over your existing post and then mount the dish. With this you can use any standard size tripod you decide to buy. :)

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)