trouble finding 110 with ddp 500 in Golden Co

glenn west

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
anywhere usa
I've set up many dish 500's down south with ease. I'm working up here in Denver area and this thing don't make sense. I set skew to 100 and elevation to 43 as per zip code. Get a signal on 129, 119, although weak. Since I have a 9 degree separation I assume skew is correct. But I'm 10 degrees off on elevation. Using a tripod and it's level. Any pointers here?

Well rotated west and found 110 but no 119. 60% strength. There are only a few dishes in this rv park. There is no cable offered here either. Large park too. Beginning to think this is hopeless.

Last edited:
Cover the left lnb (viewed from behind the dish) with tinfoil and find a satellite with the right lnb.

The right lnb should find 119, if it finds 110 you are about 10 degrees too far east, rotate the dish 10 degrees clockwise and search for 119 with the right lnb.

Uncover the left lnb and if your mast is plumb and the skew is correct, it should find 110 easily.

tightened settings and lost 110. Signal was that weak. probably need a larger dish this far north. This is a dish 500. do have 71% with 119 though.

Last edited:
skew is set by zip code, tripod is level. How much do I need to add or subtract? Golden is right next to the rockies. I don't believe I'm close enough to block signal though.

tomorrow. I get up at 3 o'clock. working tomorrow. I have seen a decent signal with 110 and 119 just not together. I have a sat finder also. Thanks a million.

Got it working. Signal strength is 119 60ish, 110 50ish. Had to back off skew 20 degrees. calls for 100 and I'm at 80. Elev at 48. calls for 43.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts