trouble finding 110 with ddp 500 in Golden Co

I'm surprised you're getting signal at all if you started at 100 skew and backed off to 80. You totally disturbed the geometry of the dish when you went to the other side of 90.

My advice is to go back to the correct skew for you ZIP and leave it there. Tweak Elevation and Az.

With the skew at 100 it was getting a very weak signal with 110. It was not green on signal bar. If I lowered elevation I lost 119. I have set up lots of dish 500s and never had this kind of problem. But this is my first trip this far north. I'm going to hire a dish installer and see if he can help me. Maybe he can tell me if it even possible here. Do you get a better signal with on of the 1000 dishes? I know you get more sats but it is larger.

My whole problem was the new receiver. Contacted Dish and they sent me a replacement and had absolutely no problems setting up receiver by zip code settings.

I've set up many dish 500's down south with ease. I'm working up here in Denver area and this thing don't make sense. I set skew to 100 and elevation to 43 as per zip code. Get a signal on 129, 119, although weak. Since I have a 9 degree separation I assume skew is correct. But I'm 10 degrees off on elevation. Using a tripod and it's level. Any pointers here?

Go to Coors and have 4 then try, it might work out better.

lol. I don't do beer though. Rv also had a splitter in the system cable. Wired wrong also. I removed it completely. This got us all the transponders back. New receiver was bad. It wouldn't even boot up the following day. This drove me "nuts". Never know what you will find hidden in these rvs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)