Trouble getting 5-LNB Dish installed by installer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
He told me they no longer have the poles because they are so hard to find, and then said I wouldn't be able to find them anywhere either.
Most home improvement superstores carry them under the guise of 2" steel round fence posts.

The issue as I see it is whether or not you can do a pole mount in an apartment complex. Most won't allow it unless it is somehow anchored to your deck.

Obviously the installer decided that it wasn't worth his time. It is not a trivial installation.

In any event, you need to call DIRECTV and make sure they understand what did and didn't happen.

Also most installers in my area charge $75.00 for custom labor for a pole mount. So dont be suprised if you get charged.

Ok, so third install day was this morning. Guy shows up, no pole. Tells me I can go to the hardware store if I want. Then says he wouldn't be able to do it in the front anyways because there are too many wires that would be hanging off the building. He checks out my deck/balcony area and says it would work if you mount the pole to the deck. I'll take pictures of the area in a bit and post them.

Wouldn't a dish that big and heavy on a pole have stability issues? He seemed to think not.

Anyways I called and rescheduled again and the customer service rep said they are getting rid of that installation company so that probably explains why this is so difficult.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)