Trouble getting signal h25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SevenEleven

Original poster
Dec 30, 2011
Canada/US
Hi,

H25 receiver slimline dish and swm5 lnb power inserter is connected behind the receiver within allowed maximum distance. Plugged directly into the recepticle and not the power bar.

I am not getting anything on any satellite, trying to get 101 first as I have been told to do. The strangest thing of all is that I am getting an option for a satellite named swm..? Any ideas why this might be happening? It only appeared after I had unhooked the power inserter to re-arrange some wires.

Thanks for reading.

Is this a new install, upgrade? Have you had signal before? The SWM satellite is just a meter show SWM channels. Nothing for satellite signal. Is the power inserter hooked up correctly?

Thanks for the replies,

The receiver was hooked up and received signal at my other home, the dish and LNB I just purchased used. So at this location I have not had signal yet. I am not positive if the power inserter is correct, but I assume it is ird connection goes to receiver, the other goes to the lnb, the run to the LNB is only about 50 feet. The light is solid green on the PI.

charper1 Hamilton, Ontario

Thanks

Do you have the dish settings correct? I'm on my phone so I can't look it up for you. I'm sure Charper will get it for you, he's always on the job! And yes, the power inserter is hooked up right. Is the mast plumb and level? I can't say that enough! Make sure it's dead nuts level! I'll check back shortly to see of Charper got numbers yet, if not I'll see what I can do

Are you 100% sure the mast is perfectly plumb / level, dish is correctly setup skew and elevation wise? Are you sure you are aiming at the correct azimuth?

Thanks again everyone and happy new year. The mast is plumb, I was extra meticulous with the install. For the skew dishpointer and charper1 said 21, that is not available on the dish? I believe it starts somewhere in the 40's. I am going to take a look now and will take some pictures to post.

Thanks again everyone and happy new year. The mast is plumb, I was extra meticulous with the install. For the skew dishpointer and charper1 said 21, that is not available on the dish? I believe it starts somewhere in the 40's. I am going to take a look now and will take some pictures to post.

thats why I asked the dish type again as I may have pulled info for another type based on what I though you said you have

charper1 said:
thats why I asked the dish type again as I may have pulled info for another type based on what I though you said you have

I'm going with a slimline with a swm3/5. Should be the same numbers for each one. It said it worked at the last house so he surely has the right stuff that would be needed for it to work.

Azimuth (magn.): 219.6°
Elevation: 35.8°
Skew 69°

Based on Hamilton, ON L9C 3B1

Sorry I had a typo; these are the numbers

bobvick said:
Is he using a SWiM setup? The H25 is SWM only.

Yes it's SWM. He has the power inserter and it's hooked up correctly. Chapter gave the wrong numbers for the dish, simple mistake :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Transponder

nfl sunday ticket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts