AMIKO Trouble saving Diseqc 1.2 positions with Amiko HD265 and HH-120 STAB

Captain Midnight

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
Greers Ferry, Arkansas
I recently moved my Ku setup from a rooftop to the ground after upgrading to a 1.2m Channel Master. I have had no issues except my motor pin has some play in it, forcing me to save Diseqc 1.2 positions to peak the signals on satellites even just a few degrees off of my zenith. That is not a huge problem except for one pesky satellite... 103w! My Amiko will not save a position for 103w and remember it at all. Instead, it just sends the dish off somewhere. I haven't looked at where it actually sends it. But if I use USALS on 103w, I still have a lock on the stronger NBC TP. The weaker ones will not lock.

Any advice on this? I checked my stab for a reset button. Checked the manual. And flashburned my Amiko twice! Still no change.

As I work west on the arc, it is doing me the same. 105 and now 113. USALS works the way it should but the play in my pin is letting the dish droop out of alignment. I can enter the Diseqc 1.2 setting menu and save the position, but as soon as it saves and I back out to the main install menu of the Amiko, the motor is off and moving elsewhere. When I set it for 113w, I went outside to see where it was. Dish landed around 99w.

I realize most of everyone is asleep. I am heading to bed myself! But what if I modified the satellite location saved into the receiver to peak my signal using USALS? Like 102.8w for 103w? Just a thought since Diseqc 1.2 is giving me heck. Anyone know a way to totally reset the receiver and motor? I noticed after flashburning the Amiko that my coordinates used for USALS are still remembered. Could old Diseqc 1.2 positions be saved and causing this mess?

Never had this issue, and I use two here at home. Must be something to do with the Motor. The motor stores the commands.
What exactly do you mean by flash burn. Are you just doing a reset to defaults from the menu? Are you actually re-flashing it via USB?
I have seen quirky issues like this with a bad cable or connector also.

Never had this issue, and I use two here at home. Must be something to do with the Motor. The motor stores the commands.
What exactly do you mean by flash burn. Are you just doing a reset to defaults from the menu? Are you actually re-flashing it via USB?
I have seen quirky issues like this with a bad cable or connector also.
I am just using the reset to default values. It calls it flashburning.

I did a little research and I want to make sure I move my motor to the 0 point and perform a reset to clear all of my diseqc positions and start from scratch. Does the Amiko allow me to send a reset command to the motor? I did not see a reset button on the motor to push.

STABs indeed have no reset button.
So you'd need a receiver that has the command, or that can do 'raw diseqc commands'.
I'm not familiar with the Amiko, so I don't know if that has it.

Might there be an issue that the STAB only has 49 memory positions, according to the specs I found?
And that you are storing on a higher position number than 49?

Greetz,
A33

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)