Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryK

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 25, 2005
Hi All,
I have a Coolsat5k and 10foot dish (4dtv etc also but it doesn't apply here). I spent an entire evening scanning AMC3 Vertically to try and get the PBS mu:mad:es).

I can get the muslim channels and patient channel easily. No love from PBS though.

I'm thinking that since the muslim channels are vertical and coming in fine, then maybe my dish is not tuned well enough. are there any other possibilities?

Thanks,
Jerry

I used to watch k3600/640 on the '922 before they went black several months ago.

As for signal strength, the cs5000 is showing about 79 (in lower michigan) on the muslim channels. I have a feeling that my original dish tuning job a year ago wasnt' perfect.

I used to watch k3600/640 on the '922 before they went black several months ago.

As for signal strength, the cs5000 is showing about 79 (in lower michigan) on the muslim channels. I have a feeling that my original dish tuning job a year ago wasnt' perfect.
k3600/640 i am watching these right now on my 4DTV receiver. not black here

Jerry
PBS was kinda weak last night here in MN. A 66 on the Coolsat (63 is threshold). The muslim dude & Patient bury the needle at 82 (which is the max on my Coolsat. Some go to 99 depending on the software. 1.00 will max at 82-85, 1.01 will max at 99)

Can you get Montana PBS at 12145 H 4340? Thats coming in strong today. Otherwise Daystar at 12095 H 2222 will work too.

Thanks guys! (as usual)
My dish must need some tweaking, 2 clicks to the right and it was back....I'll deal with that in the spring. I lost the k3 stations back when people started talking about the new mux on k3...so I thought the 2 events were related.

Now that the BUD is pointed more accurately I'll rescan with the CS.

Thanks guys! (as usual)
My dish must need some tweaking, 2 clicks to the right and it was back....I'll deal with that in the spring. I lost the k3 stations back when people started talking about the new mux on k3...so I thought the 2 events were related.

Now that the BUD is pointed more accurately I'll rescan with the CS.

Jerry
On Galaxy10R@123.0°W Ku do you get XO 600/601 let me know one way or the other. Thanks. :hatsoff:

Billion

I just wanted to let you guys know how things worked out...

PBS- Got 'em! Optimizing K3600 made the scan pull in all the FTA mux (coolsat quality= 69% on a cloudy day)

x0 600/640 - was able to tune them in...but weak. 4dtv quality = 40. might improve tomorrow, THICK clouds today. Looks to be a community college station in CA. Anything interesting there?

Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts