Trouble with 610 update and VIP722

Dish Network...bah! lol

So here it is in the third week of having the TV1 picture shrink into the corner, and I decide to check in with Dish Chat to see if there is any word on a fix.

I explain the problem but the dude said they'd never heard of this. Then I explain that I'd traded several emails with Dish engineering about this issue and would he like to see them, but the dude says 'it's not necessary because I just confirmed with engineering that they had never heard of this problem'.

As Bugs would say, what a bunch of maroons!

Like I have said before, when it comes to Dish, one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. I had a technician come to my house one day with a new receiver, and the very next day a refurbished receiver was delivered to my house. It is nuts! I certainly hope they fix this problem soon, or as a previous poster stated, I believe it would be a breach of contract!

Keep us posted, please!

Mike

It's obvious that Dish Network is not a dependable service. Clearly, they have some issues...129 going in and out here, tiny picture mode, VOOM, Customer dis-Service...:rolleyes:

The problem I have been having with my 722, with a 612 upgrade, is the DVR portion. I am not sure if it is something happening with the Olympic broadcasts but when I watch a recorded program the picture freezes alot then breaks up and the audio is jumpy. I do not have this problem with my 622. Anyone having this problem?

I have the same problem as the rest of you. TV2 has formatted to show Letterbox, and the TV1 picture is a shrunken picture in the corner. However, I have a 622 receiver. Dish barely fixed the FF bug and now this. I wish they would stop screwing with their software and not promise the moon until they have actually tested things!!

For a few years I have not had any trouble with my DVR software, but these two issues are huge errors. It is like I am getting satellite service from my redneck neighbor instead of a respected corporation.

I would NOT call the "FF bug" fixed. It's better but I still get a huge jump back or forward after doing a mix of skips and fast moves. Makes it hard to zero in on a single frame or so. On both my 722s with HDMIs to a Samsung LED DLP, while even not using my 5 750GB EHDs.

Action on the EHD and multiple recordings seem to make loss of Closed Captioning more likely. Besides rebooting (often not feasible) I have found that soft-powering off the recorder for a few minutes will often restore the CC without loss of the recordings. Finally a way to see the words.

-Ken

I got the 612 update on my 622 the other day. Every morning on tv1, I have the small picture in the upper left corner. I have had to re-boot everytime for a fix. Come on Dish get your s%^* together!!!!

VIP622 same problem. Read it hear first. Before that thought the kids were playing around because every time I turned it on I had to again reset the format. TV1 goes into the small PIP size picture in the upper left corner too.

Called in today and after the usual two calls, CSR passes me off to higher support and then the line clicks dead. I finally get a very nice person who spends 20 minutes "checking" for known issues without any luck and I had to go. So I hung up with no more than the trouble will be noted on my account.