Trouble with an 811 receiver.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Are there any issues with the 811? I know someone who is having trouble. Dish Network is telling them they need to get an OTA antenna to receive HD locals. They live in Texas (zip=76036)

Charade said:
Are there any issues with the 811?
Some people have issues others don't.
Charade said:
I know someone who is having trouble.
What kind of trouble?
Charade said:
Dish Network is telling them they need to get an OTA antenna to receive HD locals. They live in Texas (zip=76036)
That's correct you need an OTA antenna to get HD locals.

I'm not sure of all the details. Still trying to get an idea of what their experiencing.

If I understand correctly, Dish doesn't rebroadcast any HD locals?

Not that would be visible on an 811, he needs a 211, 411, 622, to view hd locals that are being broadcast by dish plus a dish 1000 or a single dish pointed at the apropriate sat that is broadcasting the HD locals if they are available in his market.

Oh, ok. How can I tell if HD locals are being broadcast in their area? If they are, doesn't dish upgrade to the Dish 1000 for free? If they upgraded to a 211?

No HD locals available in Dallas now. They are supposedly going to be added in the next quarter.

Just to relate to a "problem" with the 811, I had mine lock up big time last night. It would only find 1 of 3 satellites. I called into Tech Support and got a really sweet sounding girl who told me it is a "known software issue" with P337. She helped me out and got everything going again, but had to take a bunch of extra information so that engineering could fix it ASAP.

Sounds like a major software glitch with the DPP switches and how the receiver sees them. She said the current fix is temporary and I could have problems again soon, but that the permanent fix is being worked on as a LOT of people had 811 problems with the new software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts