Trouble with an 811 receiver.

Charade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Are there any issues with the 811? I know someone who is having trouble. Dish Network is telling them they need to get an OTA antenna to receive HD locals. They live in Texas (zip=76036)

Charade said:
Are there any issues with the 811?
Some people have issues others don't.
Charade said:
I know someone who is having trouble.
What kind of trouble?
Charade said:
Dish Network is telling them they need to get an OTA antenna to receive HD locals. They live in Texas (zip=76036)
That's correct you need an OTA antenna to get HD locals.

I'm not sure of all the details. Still trying to get an idea of what their experiencing.

If I understand correctly, Dish doesn't rebroadcast any HD locals?

Not that would be visible on an 811, he needs a 211, 411, 622, to view hd locals that are being broadcast by dish plus a dish 1000 or a single dish pointed at the apropriate sat that is broadcasting the HD locals if they are available in his market.

Oh, ok. How can I tell if HD locals are being broadcast in their area? If they are, doesn't dish upgrade to the Dish 1000 for free? If they upgraded to a 211?

No HD locals available in Dallas now. They are supposedly going to be added in the next quarter.

Just to relate to a "problem" with the 811, I had mine lock up big time last night. It would only find 1 of 3 satellites. I called into Tech Support and got a really sweet sounding girl who told me it is a "known software issue" with P337. She helped me out and got everything going again, but had to take a bunch of extra information so that engineering could fix it ASAP.

Sounds like a major software glitch with the DPP switches and how the receiver sees them. She said the current fix is temporary and I could have problems again soon, but that the permanent fix is being worked on as a LOT of people had 811 problems with the new software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts