Trouble with Comedy Central HD and ESPN2 HD

Yankeefan3783

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
I have a VIP622 receiver, with a dish pointed at 110 and 119 (American) and another at 61.5 (International and HD). For the past month, I haven't been able to watch Comedy Central HD or ESPN2 HD. On Comedy Central I get the "acquiring satellite signal" message followed by the "satellite signal has been lost" message. On ESPN2 HD, I have the same issue, except it does acquire the signal but it goes in and out every 5 to 10 seconds. All my other HD channels work great, and I get both Comedy Central and ESPN2 in non-HD.

I called Dish, and the tech department had me unplug the receiver and reboot it, as well as "check switch" (all satellites were found), but nothing worked. Has this happened to anyone, and anyone know of a possible fix? Dish wants to send a technician out, but for $95. Hopefully I can find a way to fix the problem here. Sorry if this has been posted before.

-Thanks

Are those two on the same transponder, and are you missing any other channels? It's not unheard of for defects in the LNB, switch, or cabling to kill a single frequency.

Are those two on the same transponder, and are you missing any other channels? It's not unheard of for defects in the LNB, switch, or cabling to kill a single frequency.

No other channels are missing. It's strange. Anyways, after having an issue with customer service, I requested my service to be canceled. It actually had to do with trying to add additional programming, and the way I was jerked around, not so much with the missing channels. Either way, it was the final straw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)