trouble with formating tv with dish remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

berticus2369

Original poster
May 21, 2009
houston
recently got a 522 dual receiver and the picture seems to be zoomed in. I've compared the screen that I can see to shows on the internet and I'm not able to see the whole picture of what the program is supposed to be showing. The left and right sides seem to be cut off so to speak but the picture fills up the whole screen. The tv I have doesn't have adjust format capabilities and when I try the dish remote format button it doesn't do anything. There don't seem to be any settings on the receiver either to adjust the format. When I got the receiver installed, the tech seemed to be adjusting it with the remote some how, setting it up. He would press a button where all the buttons at the top of the remote would lite up and did something else I believe, not quite sure, and then there appeared to be somewhat of a small gray box that would float kind of across the screen as he kept pushing on some button and then the tv would turn off by itself and then turn back on, resizing(re-formating) the image each time. I think he did this twice with the gray box. I just had someone recently come out to look at it and the guy had no clue what I was talking about. Not sure if I need a better quality tv since mine is 7 or 8 yrs. old or what. The reciever I had before was an older single version they don't make anymore but I didn't have this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have a 522 so the remote I have may be different, but be sure that no one accidentally pressed the "TV," "VCR," or "Aux" buttons at the very top. Press down the "Sat" button (you don't need to hold it down, just press it once), then try the format button (which is on the bottom left of my remote).

If that doesn't work, I'm sure a 522 user will be along to help. :D Good luck!

i am pretty sure the 522 does not have a format feature built into the remote.
what the tech was doing was 'programming' the remote to operate your tv (volume and power).
if, you had an hd receiver, the format button on the remote is the # button and i would tell you to push that.
not sure what to tell you in this case.

10% overscan is considered acceptable on analog TV. Google "NTSC safe area". With digital TV and direct-view displays many of us run 0% overscan, but this is a recent development.

The OP isn't giving enough info but I am thinking he watching his "LOCALS" on Dish and since most local stations want dish to crop the 16x9 local to 4x3 for showing on the SD channel rhat is why he is complaining about the picture missing the sides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)