Trouble with function control on D* remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bilboa

Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
I have one of those white universal remotes that come with the basic D* receiver. The problem is, when I change the function mode from Directv to either AVI or TV, a graphic on the lower right hand side of the screen comes on and says "You are in the AVI mode" or the TV mode, depending on what mode I switch to. Then when I switch back to the Directv mode, that graphic remains and won't go away. Eventually it triggers the Directv screen saver. The only way to make it go away is to turn the receiver off and then wait for a few minutes, then turn it back on. Hitting the exit key on the remote doesn't make it go away either although that key seems to work OK otherwise.

This happens on all three of my outlets. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for the help.

Afaik, this is the intended design, it was meant to always stay in DirectV mode(sans programming), and the buttons correlate to the functions of each unit (av1, av2, tv)are programmed to the right buttons on the remote. So the switch on the top, is only used for programming, once that's done, it is to remain in D* mode.

As for the lower right popup thing, you do not have to turn it off, just press Exit, or Guide located on the remote, and it goes away.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)