Trouble with HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shy_guy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
My mother-in-law has recently upgraded to HD from DirecTV. She gets all of the HD channels except the major networks (NBC, CBS, etc.). She ordered them in HD, but only gets them in SD.

She and I have both called customer service many times, and they just keep saying that they don't know what's wrong. When she tunes to one of the HD channels, she gets a message that says "Channel not purchased." I don't know anything about DirecTV (but I'm finding out the customer service stinks), so I was hoping maybe someone here could help me with this dilema.

Thank you!

You can either ask a customer service representative or go online and resend the authorization codes to see if that will help.

HD versions of the channels, if available, do not cost extra.

You have confirmed that they are available, haven't you?

The customer service reps have said that thier system shows that she has the HD feeds active on her account. They have resent the authorization themselves, and I have too now that I have the link (thank you!). Local channels are not available here, so she has the national feeds (west).

Is she checking to see if she has the national feeds? They would be on a different station other than where her normal ABC, FOX, CBS, etc. are located. I don't know the exact channels off of the top of my head, but there are in the 300-400 range..

Have her check channel 381, 383, 384, 385, 387 & 389.

I thought the HR22's had the software fix to move the national feeds into the single digit slots but I guess not.

If the 390s don't work, try rebooting the box with the red button by the access card, or just unplug the box for a minute or so,

Other fixes for no 390s:
Repeating the satellite setup menu wizard.
Programming removed/re-added to the account by a D* CSR.

Thank you all for your help. Yes, she is trying 391 393 397 and 399. She just gets the message "channel not purchased." We have reset the reciever with the red button several times now and resent the authorization. Even the people on the phone at DirecTV don't know what's wrong.

1. Go through the complete satellite setup wizard again in the receiver's menu, making sure the correct dish is selected.

2. If that doesn't help, call and speak to tech support and tell them the West Coast HD DNS channels are authorized but can't be received. Keep trying until you get someone who has a clue, not a script reader.

I have gone through this several times with my account and friends who have had HD DNS, and one of the above usually solves the problem.

Thank you for all your help. We finally got it to work after calling tech support and demanding to speak with a supervisor when it was obvious they were clueless. It was the third supervisor that finally fixed whatever was wrong.

Untrained support people and bad contract installers are absolutely the worst part about D*. Sadly, most big companies are this way nowadays. :(

Thank you for all your help. We finally got it to work after calling tech support and demanding to speak with a supervisor when it was obvious they were clueless. It was the third supervisor that finally fixed whatever was wrong.

So what was the issue and how was it resolved for those that might have the same issue later.

So what was the issue and how was it resolved for those that might have the same issue later.

I suspect that something was not set up correctly on thier end. It took the knowledgable person just about a minute to spot and correct the problem.

If nothing was done in the customer's receiver menu, D* probably removed/re-added all programming on the account, which will sometimes solve the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)