Trouble with installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
Ok, I purchased a new DirecTV R10 almost 2 weeks ago through Value Electronics. I'm switching over from Dish. The folks at Value were very friendly and very easy to deal with, I was very happy with that experience. I received my equipment from FedEx last week Saturday. Ok now my problem. I'm still waiting to be contacted by the installer!! It's really starting to piss me off. I called the installers on Monday, and they said that they were in the process of locating an installer for my area, and it should only be a day or two more, and they would have someone contact me to set up an appointment. Well I still haven't heard anything. :mad: I really want to get this equipment up and running since this will be my first DVR experience. Should I call the installers again and keep on them until they get it done, or call Value, or should I just sit and keep my mouth shut? I know I should be more patient, but as I said, it's starting to make me kinda mad.

Well I called VE and they told me to call the installers, so I called the installers, and they are STILL trying to locate an installer in my area. There are DirecTV installers and retailers only 25 miles from where I live. I got a better deal on the equipment through VE but this is so frustrating that I'm about to send my equipment back to VE and just go through one of the local guys. I would spend more on the equipment but at least it would get installed and I would be able to use it instead of looking at the box sitting in my computer room.

hahler2 said:
Well I called VE and they told me to call the installers, so I called the installers, and they are STILL trying to locate an installer in my area. There are DirecTV installers and retailers only 25 miles from where I live. I got a better deal on the equipment through VE but this is so frustrating that I'm about to send my equipment back to VE and just go through one of the local guys. I would spend more on the equipment but at least it would get installed and I would be able to use it instead of looking at the box sitting in my computer room.

In my mind, VE should call the installers to get the ball rolling.

Well that's what I think too. I just can't see any reason why it should take this long for the installers to find someone in my area to do the job. Maybe I should call VE back.

This company use the installation company for their installation works, but offtenly, the installation company offer to the installer are so low to do the job and no one willing to take the work, thats where you get stuck for. Local company should offer the products at same price as DTV, but sometime DTV's promote are not work with local dealer, oftenly, local dealer will give you a personal touch, thats all about service, company from far away make good to deal with pricing, but not service and when you need the service, you may end up paying more or long wait for the service.

I also agree that if VE is making the sale & arrangements, then they should handle the installer when problems arise and before they charge you.

Well I called VE back and asked if there was anything they could do to speed up the process and the lady that I talked to said that she would talk to the guy who normally handles that stuff and have him take care of it. She said she would have him call me. That was at noon today. Never heard back today, I'll give them until Thursday or Friday. If I still haven't heard anything the equipments going back and I'll take my business elsewhere.

Bummer about your troubles. You will really like the service once it gets set up.

I don't think I would be as patient as you are. The merchandise would have already been cancelled/sent back/whatever and ordered from a local. That's just me though.

VE needs to do right and get the system installed. You shouldn't have to worry yourself with trying to find the installer.

Look in Aberdeen for a local retailer. May cost you a few more $$$ but hey, that guy pays state and local taxes and employes people in your community, to me that's worth a few more dollars.

As I said, I think that's probably what I'm going to do. I'll give it through today and if I don't hear anything I'm going to call VE in the morning and return my equipment and call a local installer.

This isn't like VE at all!

Call back and speak with Robert Zohn personally. He owns VE. He will take care of you.

Maybe Robert OOP. He seems do not read the thread.

Send him a PM (DTV Tivo Dealer).

It will work much faster.

Go thru his admin sometimes doesn't help.

Well it's all good everyone. I made a couple more phone calls today, and VE got everything taken care of! I got a phone call back from the installer today and he's coming on Friday to get me taken care of. Thanks VE for finally getting this straightened out, and thanks to Robert for taking the time to message me. Even after the trouble that I've had I still believe that VE has great service. I just had an unusual circumstance is all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)