Trouble with my R10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hahler2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
Ashton, SD
I've had an R10 for a few months now, and just last week it died on me completely. It won't power up at all. No big deal. I called D* and got a replacement for free. The FedEx guy just left here and he had a new unit for me. The problem is that D* sent me a Phillips DSR-708. It claims to have 70 hours of recording time just like the R10, but I read on here somewhere that it's been discontinued. Am I getting screwed over by D* or will it be just as good of a DVR as the R10? I'm thinking I should call in and complain that I didn't get another R10 in replacement but I thought I'd see what you guys thought first.

Does the remote look any different? It is basically the same unit with 6.2 software it should function exactly the same.

As long as it's going to function the same and work as well as my R10 did until it died then it doesn't really bother me.

I got a 708 for a returned R10. After the software update, there didn't seem to be a difference. I hope that the main difference is that the 708 continues to function. :)

have a good one.

lol

good point. i am currently doing the software update right now. Once it has 6.2 on it I should be in good shape. Thanks everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hughes Tivo freezing

DVR and Internet Phone Service - can it work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)