Trouble with PrimeTime Anytime

advancdcommsec

Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Thanks to this forum I was able to get my first Hopper install working. Now I have another question: For Primetime Anytime, all of the networks show as 'when available'. All of the networks are selected for every day of the week also. I can watch the locals but they will not record. Primetime Anytime IS enabled - there's no yellow box indicating on the guide for the locals either.
Are there areas of the country that this function doesn't work or do I need to turn on something else?? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Terry

PTAT doesn't work if you have a local channel that is off because of a dispute with Dish. If that's the case you have to un-check that particular channel from the PTAT set-up before the rest of the channels work.

In the Lafayette, IN DMA, PTAT is not avaliable. Our DMA is only a 3 county area where we have a local CBS station. NBC, ABC, and FOX are from Indy and none are HD. All 4 show "when available" on the PTAT setup screen. In my little corner of the world PTAT is useless. I plan to ask for a discount on the Hopper DVR fees when my promo discounts expire since some of it's functionality is disabled in my area.