Status
Please reply by conversation.

silversurfer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Las Vegas, Nevada
My HR10-250 began acting strangely a week ago. It would stutter every few seconds when watching a recorded program. It would also respond very slowly to the remote sometimes taking several minutes to respond to commands. I called D* and they said the software was corrupted and to do a complete reset. Made sense because if I did a power reset everything returned to normal for varied amounts of time. Well I did this yesterday and now 27 hours later it still says it is clearing and deleting everything. How long should this take? I did add another 300 gig hdd a few months back. If I power reset now what will happen? Is it safe to do so or will I end up with a paper weight? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks!

Trouble with Clear and Reset Everything

I just did a clear & reset everything on my HR10-250 for the first time. To speed the process up, I manually cleared as much as possible (now playing, wishlists,etc,etc.). This made the clear & reset go much faster--only took app. 1 hour and 45 minutes.

QUOTE=silversurfer]My HR10-250 began acting strangely a week ago. It would stutter every few seconds when watching a recorded program. It would also respond very slowly to the remote sometimes taking several minutes to respond to commands. I called D* and they said the software was corrupted and to do a complete reset. Made sense because if I did a power reset everything returned to normal for varied amounts of time. Well I did this yesterday and now 27 hours later it still says it is clearing and deleting everything. How long should this take? I did add another 300 gig hdd a few months back. If I power reset now what will happen? Is it safe to do so or will I end up with a paper weight? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)