Trouble with Showtime HDwest

You guys need to email Wilt or post this on the Yahoo board, as he doesn't follow this one. I emailed him about ShowtimeHD, and he said he had already reported that, but he made no indication that he was aware of others.

Sean Mota said:
Well, I coudn't take the breakup anymore. Even on HBO-HD East. I switched to E* and no break ups.
Sean-no problems with Sopranos on HBO East-Did you say you had some?-just very strange how pq probs are not being experienced by everyone all the time?-Price we pay I guess for being involved with a "new" company like Voom.

Started getting strong winds this afternoon and that's when the break up started. Usually don't have these strong winds but the breakup was evident in those channels for me. Maybe the my voom dish is loose or something like that. I will have to check this week. Anyway, I switched to E* and with strong winds I am not experiencing the same. You know what even my OTA is coming in fine. It is just the VOOM satellite. It has to be something with the 18" dish.

This is so weird. I turned off the VOOM receiver and watched the Sopranos on E*. I went back to VOOM and now the break up has dissappeared. No break ups so far...

I watched the Sopranos on HBO-HD East, and had only a couple of very brief breakups. I got a little bit of picture stutter once or twice, but did not lose audio, and once the screen went dark for about a second, with a loss of audio. It was a little annoying, but not intolerable. I also watched Deadwood afterwards, and did not have any dropouts at all.

I have to wonder what Tony Soprano would do about these problems if he were a Voom subscriber. . . .

After reading this thread, I tuned to ShoHdW but had no problems. kept returning to it during the day and, still, no problems.

In fact, I have not had any problems with any of the HD channels.

But I do like to watch Headline News and have constant blackouts, stuttering et al on that channel, but not on neighboring CNN. And there is often a breakup extending the entire width of the picture on many of the SD channels, although I rarely watch them other than the news channels.

Go figure.

But I am one of the "rain faders" and am still waiting for Voom to replace my dish with a larger one.

No lockups at all since the repair to the software upgrade. It's great to be able to use the Info button and full guide again.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)