Trouble with Tailgater and Wally

Alan Glaesmann

Original poster
Oct 8, 2017
The Woodlands, TX
I just bought a King Taligater 3 and a Wally receiver. Bought on-line from different locations. Took it out to football tailgate and tried to set up for the first time, but couldn't get it to complete the set up. Instructions that come with the units are pretty poor - the screens I see on the TV doen't even seem to match up with what's in the directions.

I get to the screen that asks you to enter your state (This was in College Station, TX, so I selected Eastern Texas) and I get a blue progress bar that starts out at about 1/3 complete, progresse to 2/3, then full bar and immediately goes back to the "select state" screen. I had the dish setting right next to another dish that was working, so I don't think there should have been a problem with line of sight.

I did try moving the dish to another location and it made it through the state set up and went to "Waiting to download" screen but got stuck there and never progressed any further.

I saw on another thread in this forum that it may be necessary to do the initial set-up of the Wally on a "standard" Dish. I don't actually have Dish Network service at the house. Since this is a football tailgate group that I am part of, I bought the equipment, but we added the receiver to another members Dish account. Do I need to go to the guy that has Dish and plug the wally in there to do the initial set-up before this will work with the tailgater?

I just bought a King Taligater 3 and a Wally receiver. Bought on-line from different locations. Took it out to football tailgate and tried to set up for the first time, but couldn't get it to complete the set up. Instructions that come with the units are pretty poor - the screens I see on the TV doen't even seem to match up with what's in the directions.

I get to the screen that asks you to enter your state (This was in College Station, TX, so I selected Eastern Texas) and I get a blue progress bar that starts out at about 1/3 complete, progresse to 2/3, then full bar and immediately goes back to the "select state" screen. I had the dish setting right next to another dish that was working, so I don't think there should have been a problem with line of sight.

I did try moving the dish to another location and it made it through the state set up and went to "Waiting to download" screen but got stuck there and never progressed any further.

I saw on another thread in this forum that it may be necessary to do the initial set-up of the Wally on a "standard" Dish. I don't actually have Dish Network service at the house. Since this is a football tailgate group that I am part of, I bought the equipment, but we added the receiver to another members Dish account. Do I need to go to the guy that has Dish and plug the wally in there to do the initial set-up before this will work with the tailgater?
I know that was true with 211's so I have to assume the same with a Wally

If it does need to first download from a home install it can be from any home install doesn't have to be from the person who bought it. Hopefully someone who has recently done the same install will post with more/better info...

Reactions: pattykay
If it does need to first download from a home install it can be from any home install doesn't have to be from the person who bought it. Hopefully someone who has recently done the same install will post with more/better info...
I recently set up a new Wally on a Winegard Pathway X2 on Eastern Arc and it went from start to activation on the Pathway with no problems.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts